Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Referee: 15 yard for verbal harrassment in the working environment on number 19!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not erroneous and it's not always about people flipping out in the heat of battle.

Just a week ago or so, Janarious Jenkins and Steve Smith battled for three hours in their work environment while Janarious Jenkins and other Ram defensive players harassed, taunted, and maybe even threatened Steve Smith about information regarding his wife. I don't know the details of what was communicated, but it was information that was researched and dug up prior to the game. Something thought out in advance.

I suppose information and maybe intimate details of one's family could be perceivable as a serious threat. Steve Smith seemed threaten enough to say that if he saw Janarious walking down the street that he would punch the shit out of him or something to that affect. Which is also a threat.

It's out there. It was on TV. I saw bits and pieces of it.

Doubt if any investigation on behalf of the NFL occurred and we probably wouldn't hear about if there was an investigation.

Who prepares Jonathan Martin for situations like this when they happen every Sunday in his work environment? Right now it seems like that training is left to the Ritchie Incognito of the NFL world. Who knows, maybe the NFL will implement a desensitizing class or maybe they can just throw flags for illegal harassment penalties during the games.

Comment

Working...
    X