Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers

Very nice win vs a team that many think could come out of the West...

Sixers had 6 players in double digits, including a triple-double out of James Anderson. MCW was also out for this game...something about his ankle (seemed minor).

No Harden helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      No Harden helped.
      Still a much more talented team, but yes, I agree.

Comment

Anderson should have missed that 3 on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Anderson should have missed that 3 on purpose.
          I was mistaken. It was Tony Wroten who had the triple-double.

Comment

unexpected wins are nice but they need to lose. Parker or wiggins or randle in a sixers jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
              unexpected wins are nice but they need to lose. Parker or wiggins or randle in a sixers jersey.
              I'm with you. The losses will come in due time, but I like to see this for now.

Comment

How do you build a winning foundation by

Losing?

The Sixer's by picking B. Brown to coach this very young team that is just going to get younger next season with 2 number 1's and Noel's coming in has set in motion a group who play an exciting brand of basket ball. Not since the days of Doc, Mo, Malone and DD have I been so happy to watch a 76'er game. Just like the Eagles this season there was no expectations and all they are doing is playing great basketball early in the season. How about we just enjoy the ride for the moment.

Comment

How do you build a winning foundation through losing?

Originally posted by Neumans own View Post
                  Losing?

The Sixer's by picking B. Brown to coach this very young team that is just going to get younger next season with 2 number 1's and Noel's coming in has set in motion a group who play an exciting brand of basket ball. Not since the days of Doc, Mo, Malone and DD have I been so happy to watch a 76'er game. Just like the Eagles this season there was no expectations and all they are doing is playing great basketball early in the season. How about we just enjoy the ride for the moment.
                  I shouldn't have to explain it, but losing enough games will enable you to aquire elite talent which will become the winning foundation you are looking for. It's the best chance at a title and becoming a winning franchise for a lengthy amount of time. In the nba talent ultimately wins out. The sixers are winning here and there without it. If they played their way out of the lottery this year it would be tragic.
                  Last edited by Greenstealth; 11-14-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I think most of us are on the same page

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                    I'm with you. The losses will come in due time, but I like to see this for now.
                    I just get scared that this team will overachieve and limp into an 8 spot. That would be giving tragic. Hopefully the little success the sixers are having now doesn't boost their confidence.

Comment

Here's what Coach K thinks of your idea.

http://deadspin.com/mike-krzyzewski-...ica-1463834930

--
                      "As an American, I wouldn't like to think that an American team would want to lose or create situations where you would want to lose," Krzyzewski said following Duke's 94-83 loss to Wiggins and Kansas.

"I can't even fathom — I can't go there. I can't believe that that would happen. Maybe I'm naive and I'm going to go read a fairy tale after this."
                      --
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

I shouldn't have to explain it, but losing enough games will enable you to aquire elite talent which will become the winning foundation you are looking for. It's the best chance at a title and becoming a winning franchise for a lengthy amount of time. In the nba talent ultimately wins out. The sixers are winning here and there without it. If they played their way out of the lottery this year it would be tragic.
                        Yes but to start a program out playing to lose for a future draft pick is asinine. Brown is trying to reinvent a program that was a basketball dessert for a decade. How is he going to get the players here right now to buy into his program without Brown himself buying into it.

You think tanking at the beginning of a program is the way to do it or as a coach do what you were paid to do?
                        I look at it if Brown can do this now the talent will come we are going to have 2-3 new starters next year: MCW, Noel and two number 1 draft picks that will give this team a college feel. Let them grow with this program and win while they learn

Comment

Says the coach who practically wins the college lottery every year.

Comment

He already has Parker, no need for Coach K to tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              Says the coach who practically wins the college lottery every year.
                              I think he misses the point too that the players aren't (shouldn't be) trying to lose. It's the GM's decision who is on the team and what the talent level is.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                              X