I guess I'm ok with this.
    3 years/26 million is the deal

Comment

too long

Originally posted by All Outta Ale View Post
      3 years/26 million is the deal
      but what other option did they have?

Comment

That is vintage RAJ. Chooch is the latest in his series of lifetime achievement contracts. Just needs to call Pedro Feliz and maybe the entire 2008 infield will be around for its 10th anniversary.

Comment

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
          but what other option did they have?
          I don't think they had another good option which is why I think I'm ok with this.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Adderall for EVERYone
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              I don't think they had another good option which is why I think I'm ok with this.
              They need to have better options.

Comment

Much rather have Chooch than Pierzynski (sp), who I thought I heard was their fallback option. I'm ok with this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  That is vintage RAJ. Chooch is the latest in his series of lifetime achievement contracts. Just needs to call Pedro Feliz and maybe the entire 2008 infield will be around for its 10th anniversary.
                  Also just read it includes a club option for a 4th year in 2017
                  Last edited by All Outta Ale; 11-18-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    The unfortunate reality is the team is stuck with the core of players they have for the next couple of seasons at least, so might as well go with the best near-term option.

Comment

I bet the main reason for this move more than anything was for the pitchers. They absolutely gush over Ruiz
                      "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Comment

RAJ can't help himself when it comes to overpaying for older players. He really needs to go. He's baseball's version of Paul Holmgren.

Comment

Working...
                        X