Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else know that JFK almost bought an aramingo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else know that JFK almost bought an aramingo?

They wouldn't put mayo on it.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 11-24-2013, 10:08 AM.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

And there is the Conspiracy theory

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    They wouldn't put mayo on it.
    I always believed JFK bought the aramingo and KG ate it and claimed it was stolen.

Comment

You're ALMOST Right -- I Was There That Day

I just happened to be there when the Prez popped in for lunch during a swing through the Philly burbs. He ordered an Aramingo slathered with mayo, but the counter guy said, "Oh, no, Mr. President -- too much mayo can cause all kinds of problems -- how about if I just put a little on?"

The Prez looked at me and asked, "What do you think, son? Would YOU buy an Aramingo with just a little mayo?" -- and I said, "Mr. President, an Aramingo without a lot of mayo is like Thanksgiving Day without touch football!"

He laughed, told the counter guy no thanks and went to McDonalds.

True story.
      Last edited by Kelly Green; 11-24-2013, 01:03 PM.
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
        I just happened to be there when the Prez popped in for lunch during a swing through the Philly burbs. He ordered an Aramingo slathered with mayo, but the counter guy said, "Oh, no, Mr. President -- too much mayo can cause all kinds of problems -- how about if I just put a little on?"

The Prez looked at me and asked, "What do you think, son? Would YOU buy an Aramingo with just a little mayo?" -- and I said, "Mr. President, an Aramingo without a lot of mayo is like Thanksgiving Day without touch football!"

He laughed, told the counter guy no thanks and went to McDonalds.

True story.

You lyin...you lyin...you never met the President!
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Hey --

I met his youngest brother. I was going to school in Boston when I heard Teddy was going to be speaking at a dinner across from where I was staying on Commonwealth Avenue. I waited outside for an hour and when his car drove up, I called his name and asked for his autograph. He said yes and signed it for me!

Two things came out of that. One, I have a scrawl you can't possibly read, and two, I'm lucky his body guards didn't slam me to the ground with guns drawn as I sprinted up the steps toward him!

And that IS a true story!
          "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

The double-chin theory
            Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Working...
            X