Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Any recs on a good divorce guy in the Harrisburg area ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Any recs on a good divorce guy in the Harrisburg area ?

There are some legal guys here and they, I'm sure know good attorneys from bad. This is for my bro. I told him to look for a shark. He'd be on here but he got other problems, he's a Packer fan.

I know that Pa. is an Equitable Distribution state. What are the chances the system will mess with his accounts NOT held jointly (money he got from our parents and has with them) ? Seems like it was possible, unfortunately despite what I had read and heard. BTW this was her idea.

Pmed

Comment

My only advice here...

Originally posted by da guy in france View Post
      There are some legal guys here and they, I'm sure know good attorneys from bad. This is for my bro. I told him to look for a shark. He'd be on here but he got other problems, he's a Packer fan.

I know that Pa. is an Equitable Distribution state. What are the chances the system will mess with his accounts NOT held jointly (money he got from our parents and has with them) ? Seems like it was possible, unfortunately despite what I had read and heard. BTW this was her idea.
      is have your bro take the recommendations and interview at least three and keep going until he finds somebody he is truly comfortable with. A great lawyer makes all the difference. I talked to five attorneys and paid for consultations with four of them until I found the right fit. Ask them the hard questions that specifically pertain to the goals you have in your situation. Trust your gut. If you dont like the answers...and I dont mean because he or she is not telling you what you want to hear but rather because he is mailing it in, treating you like just another case, its not going to be worth the investment.

Your bro is going to be raped financially regardless. He wants somebody who will limit the damage, inflict fair damage on the ex, keep the kids out of it as much as possible, etc.

Best of luck.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
      X