So I've heard Primetime, Irvin......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've heard Primetime, Irvin......

....and now Mike Wilbon all say that Foles could be / is an MVP candidate. What say you ?
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

He'll be in the conversation, for two seconds and then they'll go with Lord Peyton with an unamous win.

Comment

Two things have to happen

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      ....and now Mike Wilbon all say that Foles could be / is an MVP candidate. What say you ?
      1) Win out

2) Break Manning's 20 TD without an INT record.

Do those things, and he'll be competitive in the MVP voting. He still won't win it.

Comment

I saw that segment, and I wrote to Peter King yesterday who said that Manning will win in a landslide. The question I asked is--why should Manning win MVP, when everyone and their mother expected him to lead Denver into a SB. What happens if Foles continues on his TD/No INT streak, they win out and get into the playoffs? Are you saying that Manning should be the choice because he did what was expected? What about a kid who is dragging (or might drag) a franchise that is rebuilding into the playoffs?

Comment

Too Soon, Too Many ahead of him:

The regular cast of characters are will get votes before him. Foles is putting together a season for the ages yet Payton, Brady and even to a lesser extent Russell Wilson and Cam Newton will get more consideration.
          Foles Resume' is getting thick off of this season:

2 NFC Player of the week
          1 NFC Player of the month
          HOF record tying 7 TD's
          6-1 record so far, The more I look back, I am starting to believe he was hurt in the Dallas game.
          Not bad with a very small sample, we need to start thinking Foles is our starting QB this year and the next and for the foreseeable future.

Maybe Andy drafted a going away gift?

Comment

Outside of the opening drive he looked like he did against Dallas in the second half. I bet the numbers would follow suit as well.

Comment

I would put him in the conversation

but as a darkhorse only at this point. If I had a vote, and I was voting today, I'd give it to Cam Newton. Hopefully Foles keeps up this level of play long enough to at least seriously throw his name in the hat.
              Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 12-03-2013, 09:34 AM.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

i would honestly go for wilson. the dude has been money for seattle this year. i know he has a great defense...but so do other teams and they are not as good as seattle.

right now, that rookie qb class goes, wilson, luck, foles...and foles is 3rd because he has less than 15 starts and those guys are approaching 30.

but for mvp? my vote is for wilson.
                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

manning will rightfully win. foles has a shot because of his great numbers, but he's pretty much having a manning season on a smaller scale. manning will have played every game, broken the TD record, probably thrown for over 5000, and thrown 10-12 picks. he has an outside shot at breaking the yardage record. foles has a great TD:INT ratio but probably won't even throw for 3000 yards. the expectations for denver this season shouldn't count against manning. he's been denver's offense, while foles has greatly benefited from the system. kelly could very well be coach of the year but foles isn't MVP.

i also think that those who didn't watch sunday's game are blinded by another 3 TD 0 INT performance. 21 of 34 is misleading. those 5 sacks were worse than incompletions. a questionable holding call kept foles's INT streak intact. he was really inaccurate at times. the screen to cooper thrown out of bounds and the swing pass to shady thrown way over his head come to mind. then there are games like GB where foles only completed 12 passes, one of which was a lucky TD to desean, and we probably won because scott tolzien was playing QB. i like foles and i hope he develops but he's not even close to MVP.

Comment

The best thing about any of this "Foles for MVP" talk is that I truly believe,

the kid really doesn't give a shit about it.

Evidently, when asked by a team mate about how many balls he kept from the Raiders game, Foles said, NONE, it isn't about me!

I love it.

Comment

I say "shut up"

You dopes are the jinxiest jinxes ever
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

They're trying to jinx him...

Just like another well known fan of other NFC East teams who posts on here.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Hey, I just repeated what was already said

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                          No one's starting any jinx this way.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            manning will rightfully win. foles has a shot because of his great numbers, but he's pretty much having a manning season on a smaller scale. manning will have played every game, broken the TD record, probably thrown for over 5000, and thrown 10-12 picks. he has an outside shot at breaking the yardage record. foles has a great TD:INT ratio but probably won't even throw for 3000 yards. the expectations for denver this season shouldn't count against manning. he's been denver's offense, while foles has greatly benefited from the system. kelly could very well be coach of the year but foles isn't MVP.

i also think that those who didn't watch sunday's game are blinded by another 3 TD 0 INT performance. 21 of 34 is misleading. those 5 sacks were worse than incompletions. a questionable holding call kept foles's INT streak intact. he was really inaccurate at times. the screen to cooper thrown out of bounds and the swing pass to shady thrown way over his head come to mind. then there are games like GB where foles only completed 12 passes, one of which was a lucky TD to desean, and we probably won because scott tolzien was playing QB. i like foles and i hope he develops but he's not even close to MVP.
                            he's probably 9th. you make valid points...but then also look at 5-1 as a starter and they were behind in the giants game and he threw 2 4th quarter td's so i sort of give him that game as well.

they were what...so basically...he is one of the main reasons they are even in this position.

manning will win it again...but tebow led that team to a playoff win...so they probably had talent already there...manning just pushes it forward.
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                              Yep. There's still four games to go. Don't jinx.

Comment

Working...
                              X