Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was using Bridgewater as an Example

Originally posted by nerd View Post
    you do realize that bridgewater barely runs...he's a pocket passer. not saying he can't run the read option...but he's basically a pure pocket passer with some speed.

plus, not sure why they drafted matt barkley then...if kelly was against a pocket passer...or wanted a guy with more mobility...then barkley was the complete opposite of that.

especially for bridgewater...he's a good prospect...but a bunch of questions have come up about him now after he lost to ucf and then struggled down the stretch.

the guy from UCF might actually be the guy that kelly would want...if he wants to go that way. Better mobility than bridgewater, as good of an arm too and clutch. Blake Bortles
    For the Record I want Foles to work out and become the Guy! everything I have read about him is he will make a team better and is a Leader...

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
      I live up here and I know a ton of Patriot fans. I remember when Brady took over for Drew Bledsoe and NE fans thought they were done with 0 -2 record and having an unproven 1 Year QB taking over. Brady played ok and got better as the season progressed. They Won the Superbowl and the rest is history. As well as Brady played that year its nothing like what Foles is doing right now. I'm not saying he's the next Tom Brady but trading him would be insanity. A GM who did that could go down as the most inept GM of all time.

It looks like Foles may have to win a Superbowl this year to convince some fans. Here is a Chip Kelly QB that a lot of people wanted the Eagles to take at number # 4 how is that working out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=37MMa4LtcFQ

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
        I'm not saying he's the next Tom Brady
        No, you're insinuating he is better than Tom Brady. Which is. Crazy.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by Neumans own View Post
          If Foles plays out the season and the Eagles win a playoff game. Could Foles be trade bait? Kelly is very non-committal naming Foles his Franchise QB. What would happen if the Birds are offered 2 number 1's in next years draft, do you pull the trigger? Does Kelly try and move up and grab Teddy Bridgewater at #1 using 3 first round picks?

There was some talk where this could happen if another team stepped up.
          It would be a ballsy move...
          The only way he is worth those picks after the season is if he has already proved himself, so why the hell would you trade him for a dice roll?

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
            No, you're insinuating he is better than Tom Brady. Which is. Crazy.
            Statistically his numbers blow Tom Brady's first year numbers away. Its actually not even close.Foles is playing MUCH better than Tom Brady did in his first year. That New England team also had a much better defense. That SB was a gift the Raiders got screwed.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...F/FoleNi00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BradTo00.htm

I have no idea how good Foles will be its too soon to tell and the sample size is too small. He's flying high right now i expect him to come back down to Earth there is no way he can keep these number going its impossible.

Comment

Just as Dolomite stated not only are Foles numbers BETTER than Brady, (and just about everyone else that has played QB for this short a span) the real issue for me is that MOST of these other QB's have all been with established teams, coaches, and personal.

Eagles have had disastrous year last year, FO changes, HC changes, almost all new position coach changes, lots of new teammates, hell even Jeffy changed wifes!
              Last edited by Eagle Road; 12-04-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Hey now.

Tom Brady doesn't have any lucky plays in his resume like Nick Foles does.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                  Hey now.

Tom Brady doesn't have any lucky plays in his resume like Nick Foles does.

REALLY, what would you call the "tuck" rule, lol I know, you were being sarcastic.
                  Last edited by Eagle Road; 12-04-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

i think he's being sarcastic.

every qb has lucky bounces.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Can You Say, "DUMB"??!!

Why in the name of all that is holy would you want to trade Foles under that scenario? Kelly isn't that foolish but you are to even suggest it.
                      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                        Just as Dolomite stated not only are Foles numbers BETTER than Brady, (and just about everyone else that has played QB for this short a span) the real issue for me is that MOST of these other QB's have all been with established teams, coaches, and personal.

Eagles have had disastrous year last year, FO changes, HC changes, almost all new position coach changes, lots of new teammates, hell even Jeffy changed wifes!
                        I guess you didn't know that Tom Brady and the Patriots won the Super Bowl about eighteen months after Robert Kraft traded a first round pick for Bill Belichick.
                        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                          I guess you didn't know that Tom Brady and the Patriots won the Super Bowl about eighteen months after Robert Kraft traded a first round pick for Bill Belichick.

True, BUT 18 months is a bit longer than the 3 months these guys have been playing together, like over a year.

You sound like that guy on here that wants to bench Foles and put Vick back in, oh, that's right, YOU ARE THAT GUY!
                          Last edited by Eagle Road; 12-04-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

haha

same.

Comment

Originally posted by Neumans own View Post
                              Because Kelly wants to run his style of offense and vision of QB. He is making due with Foles and putting up good numbers, with his own QB, how much more could he create using all of his schemes?

Just saying
                              Are you reading Kelly's mind?
                              Or is this your magical thinking based on your agenda.

Comment

I wish you would understand

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                                Are you reading Kelly's mind?
                                Or is this your magical thinking based on your agenda.
                                My Brother who Lives in Delran called me today and informed me that there was a rumor that Kelly could trade Foles after the season. I have no Agenda, Again the title of the Thread "Crazy Trade Rumor".

Take it for what it is.... a Crazy Trade Rumor...

Comment

Working...
                                X