Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Jones column on O'Brien's departure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Jones column on O'Brien's departure.

Jones usually has the inside story on Penn State. Looks like he does this time.

O’Brien’s ire also was raised that day by my suggestion that a faction of Joe Paterno-era loyalists seemed to me to be miffed by Vanderlinden’s departure or dismissal, depending upon their view, and that they might want some sort of explanation. The former linebackers coach had been the second-longest-tenured member of the staff, dating to 2000, one of only two remaining staff members hired by the legendary coach. This really got O’Brien going:

“You can print this: You can print that I don’t really give a ---- what the ‘Paterno people’ think about what I do with this program. I’ve done everything I can to show respect to Coach Paterno. Everything in my power. So I could really care less about what the Paterno faction of people, or whatever you call them, think about what I do with the program. I’m tired of it.

“For any ‘Paterno person’ to have any objection to what I’m doing, it makes me wanna put my fist through this windshield right now.”
    http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index...der_arriv.html
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship
Working...
X