Just got back from España

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from España

It was interesting trying to figure out ways to watch the games at 2:30-5:30 AM. Gives me some respect for what bobbyuk must have to go through whenever there is a night Eagles game.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

welcome back

How's the mayo over there?

The youngster was there a bit on a port of call. He really liked it there.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
      How's the mayo over there?

The youngster was there a bit on a port of call. He really liked it there.
      Do you know what town he visited?
      --------

Comment

I'm interested in hearing more, IE. I'm currently planning on Alicante this summer, but I could change that to Madrid or Barcelona.

Comment

My brother-in-law's parents had an apartment in a gated community in Torrevieja, which is about 45 minutes on the other side of Alicante. It was a 2 minute walk to the beach, huge shopping center across the street, plenty of public transportation, nice restaurants around the town. The apartment itself was very nice. They charged us $10 a night to stay there, which we did in 2004 and 2005.

Benn to Barca and Madrid. Lots to see there. The highlight of Barca would probably be the La Sagrada Familia, the famous cathedral started by Gaudi and not finished yet--144 years after it was started. And Las Rambles, the big shopping district.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            I'm interested in hearing more, IE. I'm currently planning on Alicante this summer, but I could change that to Madrid or Barcelona.
            Never been to Alicante. I should put it on my list.

Madrid and Barcelona are both excellent cities, but warning, both can be as hot as Hell during the summer. One might think that Barcelona being near the coast would not be hot but it gets very hot there from late June on.

Madrid vs. Barcelona...

I would say Barcelona has more of a "New York" kind of feel and Madrid is classic Spain. Note that the native language in Barcelona is Catalan, not Spanish... although almost everybody there speaks Spanish.

I think you are going to be a winner with any of these destinations. Like I said I don't know Alicante but I can certainly give you some tips on Madrid or Barcelona.
            --------

Comment

BobbyUK-Check your PM

Comment

¡bienvenido a casa
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I liked Malaga a lot, much more so than Alicante.
                  I would go back there.

Comment

Working...
                  X