No announcement yet.

Regarding Nick Foles' shortcomings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People assume he's going to get better. I hope he does, but not all QB's do.
    At least they don't have to go into the 2014 offseason needing to address the most important position on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Claw View Post
      that's the kind of QB I prefer, esp. in this offense which seems to be one of the very first to not be lazy incorporating such a QB.

Foles WAS doing the "take off at the right time" thing but in two straight games he stopped doing that looking for a pass downfield (the same thing that I criticized Vick, and especially late-career McNabb for doing). that's when the sacks started stacking up.

for me, it's not about the stats (just as long as you aren't Eli bad). Foles seems to be an adaptable QB. Hopefully he will adapt in this way going forward. otherwise, Eagles will gonna get a lot of pretty wins but no "big" ones.
      to be fair...all those sacks in the saints game actually ended up being 2.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

He's a bum

And that's all he will ever be, a bum!
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
          to be fair...all those sacks in the saints game actually ended up being 2.
          2 was 2 too many. especially that last one...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Claw View Post
            2 was 2 too many. especially that last one...
            i thought that was the first sack?

2 isn't bad...that defense was the 4th or 5th best defense in the league this year.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Foles could be a top 5 QB one day

Guys like RG3 and Andrew Luck have good rookie seasons (but inferior to Foles' second year, his first as THE starter), lose in the Wild Card round, and look bad doing so, but people still anointed them the next great QBs. I think Luck is that caliber of "elite" qb, not sure about Griffin, but Im surprised how many people want to write Nick off. Its not like he has been one of these running qbs that typically take a step back once they're figured out. He's a traditional pocket passer. While a Wilson, Kaepernick, or Newton may be a better fit for Kelly's offense, there is also the chance that Foles would be even better than those guys if he had the defense those teams have. He's learning on the job and has picked it up pretty quickly. I think he'll continue to get better, even if his numbers aren't as ridiculous.

Comment

Exactly

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                People assume he's going to get better. I hope he does, but not all QB's do.
                At least they don't have to go into the 2014 offseason needing to address the most important position on the field.
                Foles isn't elite, but he showed enough where the front office can focus its attention elsewhere this off season.

Comment

No, I actually didn't know what you were saying.

The only people here who don't have at least guarded optimism about Foles are the jerkoff trolls.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Hahahahaha!

Exactly. He sh*t the bed in that game taking sacks like mad and getting our sh*t kicker out of FG range.

Comment

"etc." Fill in the "etc" with same names, jizzbag. How long does your "etc." run.
                      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                        Exactly. He sh*t the bed in that game taking sacks like mad and getting our sh*t kicker out of FG range.
                        Too soon to be that negative. If he pulls that crap next year then I will start to agree with you. However, his problems seem solvable and I have enough confidence in this coaching staff that I expect them to solve Foles' problems.

Comment

You motherfuckers are getting trolled by 2Gap so hard right now.
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                          X