Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeler and Sarge were let go

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...c901a3bd7.html

Long overdue for Wheeler. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually enjoyed Sarge.

I wonder if LA and Franzke will get their chance on TV?

OMG - great day for Phila sports. Wheeler is absolutely the worst ever. I didn't mind Sarge as much, but if it had to be a package deal, I'm fine with it.
    The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

They were both designated homers ... most teams have them.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Wheeler wouldn't let the game breath. Every inning it was like he was preaching to an audience who's never seen baseball before.

Comment

I'm not crying, believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            I'm not crying, believe me.
            Wheeler is a twat.
            DB

Comment

He-

he

Last edited by slag; 01-08-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I think it's clear that this move was made so Amaro can sign Sarge to play OF.

Comment

It is a beautiful day!

Wheeler ruined summer for me.actually liked Sarge, he never came across as a know it all, and definitely didn'T talk down to you like frickin Wheels.

Comment

Good Move on Wheels, Sarge was extraneous but not as annoying.
                    "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

Long overdue indeed

Originally posted by rothdawg:1741362
                      http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...c901a3bd7.html

Long overdue for Wheeler. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually enjoyed Sarge.

I wonder if LA and Franzke will get their chance on TV?
                      Wheeler whacked Whitey. Holding a grudge against the guy after that is fair. La is a massive homer too, but I'm down with him and franzke

Comment

Now if only the Eagles would deep six Mike Quick.

Can't stand the way he overuses "this". As in "this" defense (or whatever) instead of "the" defense. He does it every third sentence. Plus he's still sounds like he has marbles in his mouth.

Granted he knows his stuff.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I will miss sarge

Originally posted by muggz View Post
                          OMG - great day for Phila sports. Wheeler is absolutely the worst ever. I didn't mind Sarge as much, but if it had to be a package deal, I'm fine with it.
                          Im also among the minority there. Think he brings insights and is fun to listen to. Wheeler...good riddance. Big time. I dont like Tom McCarthy, either. Super annoying to me. Hope this means Franske and LA will be the main TV guys.
                          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            Im also among the minority there. Think he brings insights and is fun to listen to. Wheeler...good riddance. Big time. I dont like Tom McCarthy, either. Super annoying to me. Hope this means Franske and LA will be the main TV guys.
                            Apparently neither one of them is interested in doing TV...which is a shame. It will probably be somebody already on CSN.

I didn't like Doug Glanville as a player, but he would be an outstanding analyst. I doubt he'd leave ESPN though.

Comment

The story I always heard was that LA likes radio better because it gives him more freedom to enjoy life outside of the games and not have to worry about what he looks like on camera and there's a little more creative freedom on radio.

Comment

Working...
                              X