Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelvin Benjamin declares

Giggity.....

@schadjoe: Kelvin Benjamin, 6-5, 234 pounds is a redshirt sophomore. Benjamin had the game-winning catch in the BCS National Championship Game.

@schadjoe: Kelvin Benjamin is a matchup nightmare because extraordinary size and athleticism. His skill set has been compared to Calvin Johnson.

@schadjoe: Kelvin Benjamin concedes he has worked on and will continue to work on focus and consistency as well as maturity.

@schadjoe: Kelvin Benjamin had 54 catches for 1,011 yards and 15 touchdowns this season, averaging 18.7 yards per catch.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-10-2014, 02:19 PM.

With the right coaching he will be a force in the NFL, still a very raw player.

The eagles have bigger priorities in the 1st round though.

Comment

I'll reserve judgement until WeflyHigh and iowaigglefan cut and paste a breakdown of the kid from whatever Bleacher Report draft site they jerk off to.

Comment

Nah

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
        With the right coaching he will be a force in the NFL, still a very raw player.

The eagles have bigger priorities in the 1st round though.
        BPA, sir. If Chip, Gamble and the Cap Gnome think he's worth it, I'm good. Oregon seemed to be recruiting and producing quality safeties when Chip was there, so I have a little more faith in him taking a S past the 1st/2nd round.

Shit, they took Wolff in the 5th and he looked a hell of a lot more promising than Allen or Chung in the few games he got to play.
        Last edited by Melchior; 01-10-2014, 04:29 PM.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Wouldnt want to draft him in 1st

That's where he will go, but for the Eagles, I don't think it would be a great move. Maybe Watkins if they fell in love with him and wanted to trade up, but I think Benjamin will be closer to Jonathan Baldwin than Calvin Johnson. Could still be a good player, but the Eagles don't need to reach for a receiver unless he is an absolute stud

Comment

Never again

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
            That's where he will go, but for the Eagles, I don't think it would be a great move. Maybe Watkins if they fell in love with him and wanted to trade up, but I think Benjamin will be closer to Jonathan Baldwin than Calvin Johnson. Could still be a good player, but the Eagles don't need to reach for a receiver unless he is an absolute stud
            Bad juju.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Does he have any speed?

Comment

Didn't chip produce

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                BPA, sir. If Chip, Gamble and the Cap Gnome think he's worth it, I'm good. Oregon seemed to be recruiting and producing quality safeties when Chip was there, so I have a little more faith in him taking a S past the 1st/2nd round.

Shit, they took Wolff in the 5th and he looked a hell of a lot more promising than Allen or Chung in the few games he got to play.
                Chung

Comment

Is your issue with

Bad juju.
                  Trading up period, trading up for a receiver, or picking Watkins? I don't think he is going to be a Brandon Graham or Freddie Mitchell. I think he could be freakish in a Chip-run offense with all the talent around him offensively. All that being said, I don't think Id pull the trigger (since there are bigger needs), but I would not be opposed to the move. If a couple of ACLs are not healed and if Cooper wants too much money, there is a definite hole at receiver.

Comment

Chung was recruited in 2004

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    Chung
                    Chip was OC at Oregon for Chung's jr and sr years, but he was not a Chip Kelly recruit. As a matter of fact, Chip was never his head coach until this season

Comment

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
                      Trading up period, trading up for a receiver, or picking Watkins? I don't think he is going to be a Brandon Graham or Freddie Mitchell. I think he could be freakish in a Chip-run offense with all the talent around him offensively. All that being said, I don't think Id pull the trigger (since there are bigger needs), but I would not be opposed to the move. If a couple of ACLs are not healed and if Cooper wants too much money, there is a definite hole at receiver.
                      It was a Danny Watkins joke.

Comment

Fuckin Danny

It was a Danny Watkins joke.
                        Ah yes. What a blunder. Who could have predicted that a fireman who came out of nowhere to get drafted and was closer to the age of 30 than 20 would turn out to be a bust? But hey, he was the number 4 pick of the CFL Draft just a year previously. Could have had Kaep, Rahim Moore, Torrey Smith, Muhammad Wilkerson, Randall Cobb, Justin Houston, Jerrell Casey, and others in the first 2 rounds but settled on Watkins and Jarrett. Worst draft of FF's career. Kelce was the only one that panned out as a 6th rounder. Hell, we could have had Richard Sherman in the 5th but picked Dion Lewis.
                        Last edited by JDuggernaut; 01-14-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

he's a muck city/Belle Glade, FL kid. Dude, they can all run!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3286059

Comment

Pass

Look like another Mike Williams.

Comment

i dont' know man. we won't be taking him anyway. WR is fine if cooper and maclin both resign.

the track record of kids from that area is pretty damn good. kids from there tend to work out and work their asses off.

they weren't given jack shit their entire lives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glades_Central_High_School

Comment

Working...
                              X