Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FF chronicles

From Simmons grantland article today:

Lesson No. 4: If I ever write another Playoff Gambling Manifesto, I need to convert last week's Suggestion No. 6, "Before You Pick A Team, Just Make Sure Marty Schottenheimer, Herm Edwards, Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Andy Reid, Anyone Named Mike, Anyone Described As Andy Reid's Pupil And Anyone With The Last Name Mora Isn't Coaching Them," into an actual rule.

And Reid's name might have to be converted to 18-point font. Of all the soul-crushing playoff losses that involved Andy over the years, Saturday's colon-reamer in Indy was probably his most defensible performance; it featured two hours of brilliant play calling (much of it without Charles, no less) coupled with Alex Smith's out-of-body experience, and if their wide-open 19th-string running back had hauled in Smith's slightly overthrown, Charles-definitely-woulda-caught-it fourth-quarter pass down the right sideline, KC's offense could have dropped 50-plus in a road playoff game.

(Hold on, big "but" coming … )

BUT …

They also gave up five second-half touchdowns, blew their first two timeouts for indefensible reasons, and unleashed the incredible fourth-down sequence of "no timeout, run 20 seconds off for no reason to the two-minute warning, last timeout, receiver catches the season-saving catch out of bounds." They also couldn't score a game-clinching touchdown against a ravaged Indy secondary that included The Artist Formerly Known As LaRon Landry, a Hobbled Vontae Davis, The Guy Who Limped After Donnie Avery On That 79-Yard Touchdown Like He'd Just Been Shot From Behind, and a Playing-Out-Of-Position Patriots castoff Darius Butler.

And as their world collapsed over that last hour, Andy stood there staring down at some mysterious sheet of paper like he was trying to read a takeout menu. Jesus, even Art Shell and Jim Caldwell thought Andy needed to show a little more life.2 What a bizarre game in general. At some point during that fourth quarter, every Pats fan ran through an enticing "Which Opponent Do I Want To See Most In Round 2?" checklist that included …

A. Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis
    B. The aforementioned Colts secondary
    C. Andy Reid and the injury-ravaged Chiefs

… then realized, "I'll take any of these teams! This is the greatest! We're going to another AFC title game!"

And then Andrew Luck completed that go-ahead bomb to T.Y. Hilton for the greatest gambling push of my lifetime … 3

And … well …

Lesson No. 5: There's a chance that "Don't Bet Against Andrew Luck" could end up in Playoff Gambling Manifesto 5.0 soon.

Ha Ha Saturday's colon-reamer, wow we sure got enough of them from the fat fuck!
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

It was ff that he beat. He beats a good coach in the playoffs then ill believe in luck.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Reid's an offensive coach, his O, which has no talent whatsoever, put up 44 points on the road against a good team.

Chip's (supposedly) an offensive coach, his O, despite having what should have been 9 pro bowlers (all of which King Andy left him), put up 24 points at home against an injury depleted defense after having about 10 billion three and outs.

which coach is going to have the better season next year? Oh that's right, you guys refuse to answer that question. Wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by McNabbhater View Post
          Reid's an offensive coach, his O, which has no talent whatsoever, put up 44 points on the road against a good team.

Chip's (supposedly) an offensive coach, his O, despite having what should have been 9 pro bowlers (all of which King Andy left him), put up 24 points at home against an injury depleted defense after having about 10 billion three and outs.

which coach is going to have the better season next year? Oh that's right, you guys refuse to answer that question. Wonder why...
          The Chefs actually have the pleasure of playing the NFC West and AFC East as well as 2nd place steelers and titans. Good luck with that...

Comment

It doesn't matter. King Andy can handle them and you know it.

Are you willing to guarantee that King Andy misses the playoffs next season and that fat homo Chip and his bullshit gimmick offense make them?

I am willing to guarantee the reverse. Even if Alex Smith gets injured and even if that buck toothed twig Foles stays healthy.

Comment

Holy fuck, you're still here trying to make this thing stick?

Seriously kid, just give it up already, "Andy Reid troll" was good for a bit but you stuck with the same narrative over and over and over (kinda like Reid's playcalling) and now it's just boring.

Work on the fake Guido account you created or take some time and think of a new fake persona, this one is played out.

Comment

Don't call me "kid". I'm old enough to be your father.

It's too bad you think I'm boring. Ellsworth sure doesn't. Remember when he called me out by name but then went crying like a bitch to IE to ban me once Kelly was exposed as a fraud?

Comment

Hey kid ... hit the fucking bricks.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Don't call me "kid". I'm old enough to be your father.

It's too bad you think I'm boring. Ellsworth sure doesn't. Remember when he called me out by name but then went crying like a bitch to IE to ban me once Kelly was exposed as a fraud?
                    Wow. If you're really are old enough to be my dad, then I really feel sorry for you. To be that old and still living in your parents' basement and trolling the internet? I didn't realize just how sad your life was, I apologize for anything mean I ever said.
                    Last edited by Sect 236; 01-11-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                      Wow. If you're really are old enough to be my dad, then I really feel sorry for you. To be that old and still living in your parents' basement and trolling the internet? I didn't realize just how sad your life was, I apologize for anything mean I ever said.
                      Thanks

Comment

In all honesty

Thanks
                        Sect236 is right. This one is beyond stale. Time to go back to the drawing board.

Comment

Why don't you ask Ellsworth if it's stale?

Comment

McNabbhater behind the computer screen...

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                            Sect236 is right. This one is beyond stale. Time to go back to the drawing board.

Comment

Working...
                            X