Folds is better than his peers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
    That isnt true at all. In SF Smith had Davis at TE and Gore. That offense was limited and that is why they made the switch to someone that can be a game changer.
    don't argue with these guys they are going to be crying when he turns out to be who he is. If you guys look at Foles and think he has the same game as qbs like Rodgers, Brees, the Mannings, Brady, Roethlisberger, you are out of your minds. he runs a spread offense which produces many passing plays that are essentially running plays. he is not a guy who squeezes passes into tight windows to make plays. so much of his yards were after the catch. those tight end screens for instance.

this makes it so much more funny, because when he falls apart, the people in philly are just going to lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfHall View Post
      don't argue with these guys they are going to be crying when he turns out to be who he is. If you guys look at Foles and think he has the same game as qbs like Rodgers, Brees, the Mannings, Brady, Roethlisberger, you are out of your minds. he runs a spread offense which produces many passing plays that are essentially running plays. he is not a guy who squeezes passes into tight windows to make plays. so much of his yards were after the catch. those tight end screens for instance.

this makes it so much more funny, because when he falls apart, the people in philly are just going to lose it.

He's a big durable great decision making qb ala Big Ben and flacco. Foles makes extremely accurate passes outside of the pocket.
      He's not extremely athletic but what he lacks there he has in spades in other aspects. Knowing where to go. When to take sack. Get to the next play! As he gets older and more comfortable in the nfl. Which I have no doubt he will do. He has done it repeatedly. He will then take more shots. Esp with a big number 1 wr.

Comment

And for Christ sakes quit acting like Foles doesn't make big plays with his arm. We watched it all year

Comment

Originally posted by WeflyHigh View Post
          And for Christ sakes quit acting like Foles doesn't make big plays with his arm. We watched it all year
          He doesnt take chances. This is objectively true which is why almost every commentator says it. He is a game manager that will not lose the game for you.

Comment

Except he does take chances. If you actually watched the games instead of listening to commentators, you'd know that. He fits passes in to tight windows all the time. He also throws a ton of 50/50 balls. Why do you think he has the most passes of 20+ yards in the league and highest YPA? He didn't even start a full season. You're delusional, buddy.
            Last edited by Melchior; 01-12-2014, 03:21 PM.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

He doesnt take chances. This is objectively true which is why almost every commentator says it. He is a game manager that will not lose the game for you.
              I see... So I am assuming you believe Tony Romo is one of the best QB's and Andy Reid is one of the best coaches of all time. oh and Chip Kelly needs a running QB... I am sure there are plenty more that the commentators talk about that is obviously wrong.

Foles does noit make stupid throws. That is what you apparently want him to do .

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                Except he does take chances. If you actually watched the games instead of listening to commentators, you'd know that. He fits passes in to tight windows all the time. He also throws a ton of 50/50 balls. Why do you think he has the most passes of 20+ yards in the league and highest YPA? He didn't even start a full season. You're delusional, buddy.
                I do watch the games, which is why I know, outside of all outside evidence that he does not. Do I need to post all of my co conspirators again?

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post
                  I see... So I am assuming you believe Tony Romo is one of the best QB's and Andy Reid is one of the best coaches of all time. oh and Chip Kelly needs a running QB... I am sure there are plenty more that the commentators talk about that is obviously wrong.

Foles does noit make stupid throws. That is what you apparently want him to do .
                  all those wonderful strawmen.

Comment

I do watch the games, which is why I know, outside of all outside evidence that he does not. Do I need to post all of my co conspirators again?
                    Like the super expert "Greg Rosenthal"?
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                      i watch every game on NFL Rewind, the only chance he takes is the long ball jumpball, which yu describe as the 50/50 ball. he does not throw, ever, into lane traffic in the intermediate areas. that is where the greats make their livings. guys like Rodgers, Brees, the Mannings, Brady, kill it by squeezing passes into windows in that 8-13 yard range. that is simply not part of foles's games. his intermediate passes are ones which the tight ends or cooper tries to get loose through a series of picks,, if they are open foles hits them. that has been his game. nothing tricky.

Comment

all those wonderful strawmen.
                        You base your facts off the fact that the commentators say it. In previous threads it has been stated numerous passes that he has thrown that show you are wrong. Now I show where commentators are often wrong.

If you ignore all the plays where he threw a jump ball or into a window then I guess you are right. When he throws to someone wide open he does not make a risky throw.

Comment

i watch every game on NFL Rewind
                          Well that changes EVERYTHING! We thought you were a clueless troll who knows nothing of value before, but now...you are the football knowledge savior we've been waiting for! Why didn't you tell us earlier you watch every game on NFL Rewind. You've got some unprecedented access and opinions that we MUST hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                            Well that changes EVERYTHING! We thought you were a clueless troll who knows nothing of value before, but now...you are the football knowledge savior we've been waiting for! Why didn't you tell us earlier you watch every game on NFL Rewind. You've got some unprecedented access and opinions that we MUST hear!
                            i know more football than you, i will guarantee that and i have embarrassed you every time you try. I have admitted Foles throws jump balls, he does not throw often into tight windows in the areas where the elite guys do. it is that simple. you can find a play or two maybe, but he regularly does not. it is a fact, everybody who watches him except the geniuses on this board says so, but i guess you will believe what you want.

Comment

I can probably find more if you'd like.
                              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

i watch every game on NFL Rewind, the only chance he takes is the long ball jumpball, which yu describe as the 50/50 ball. he does not throw, ever, into lane traffic in the intermediate areas. that is where the greats make their livings. guys like Rodgers, Brees, the Mannings, Brady, kill it by squeezing passes into windows in that 8-13 yard range. that is simply not part of foles's games. his intermediate passes are ones which the tight ends or cooper tries to get loose through a series of picks,, if they are open foles hits them. that has been his game. nothing tricky.
                                Holy shit, you're stupid. Yes, elite QBs make their living throwing in to traffic. Good call, Captain Rewind.

Comment

Working...
                                X