No announcement yet.

OT: True Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i watched the third 1 last night. it's good but i think it woulda been better if harrelson and mcconnahey's roles were reversed like the creators originally wanted to have it done (mcconahey said he was on board for the 8 episodes but only if he was Rust, not martin hart)

maybe true blood has soured me but i think I'm over the "state of louisanna is bat shit crazy" story lines that seem to be so popular now.

Alexandra daddario has the greatest set of tits I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-27-2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      And to think, she got her start in Percy Jackson.

That scene last week was unreal. That's the definition of a dime.
      I thought she looked familiar..

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        i watched the third 1 last night. it's good but i think it woulda been better if harrelson and mcconnahey's roles were reversed like the creators originally wanted to have it done (mcconahey said he was on board for the 8 episodes but only if he was Rust, not martin hart).
        Really? didn't know about the role reversal. I couldn't imagine Woody pulling off the bizarreness of Rusty as well as McConahey

omg yes!
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          New show started on HBO last night. I thought it was really good. I like both Harrelson and McConaughey's work and this seems like it's going to be real dark and entertaining.
          It's fantastic so far. The first must-watch show for me since Game of Thrones.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

There has never been a more true piece of art written than the scene last night of Det Hart driving to her house and beating down the new guy. There isn't a man alive who wouldn't go batshit crazy if they lost what she had to offer.

Hart- Did. She. Suck. Your. Dick.

Guy (scared shitless)- Just for a little bit.

That cracked me up.
            Last edited by Sect 236; 01-27-2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Supernatural?
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

She's the epitome of a bomb shell. Perfect rack. bo Derek in 10 great.

You ever feel like the writing tries too hard with Rust's lines? I do. Overdone sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  Supernatural?
                  The cult aspect. Rust seeing the birds swirl into the mark left on the girl (even though that was his acid flashback). Things like that. I don't want the show to turn into True Blood, but I'd like it to still have some mystery as far as the weird shit going down and not just be another cop procedural.

Comment

You ever feel like the writing tries too hard with Rust's lines? I do. Overdone sometimes.
                    It's definitely over the top, and preachy, but I think McCon handles the material perfectly. Plus, I think over the top and preachy is what Rust is, so it fits perfectly with his character.

A lot of times, in the past setting, I feel like Rust is more trying to convince himself he feels the way he does than actually feel that way. Why else would he mow Hart's lawn, spend time with his family, hell, even stay at the dinner even after showing up drunk. He's telling himself he doesn't want a "life" but deep down, when confronted by it, he wants nothing more than to be a family man.

In the present setting, you can tell he believes the things he's saying. Something happened between those times that finally pushed this guy past the point of no return, and that's what we're going to see in the last 5 episodes.

Comment

Nitpicking. Did your beloved Walt from BB ever have an overdone line?

She's the epitome of a bomb shell. Perfect rack. bo Derek in 10 great.

Seriously, I agree. The weirdness is over the top at times
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I haven't seen, nor do I think they intend, supernatural as any part of this.

The birds were a hallucination, not a real flock of birds being directed by a necromancer.

I think we agree on liking the creepy ... but supernatural for me is vampires and dragons.

Not Rust's burn-out flake.

EDITED TO ADD: Not that I mind a dragon or two on my television.
                        Last edited by slag; 01-27-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

The birds were a hallucination, not a real flock of birds being directed by a necromancer.

I think we agree on liking the creepy ... but supernatural for me is vampires and dragons.

I think it has a supernatural feel from within the story. A sense of confusion and awe mixed in with the spirituality as they piece things together.
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

Not me ... I just get variation on the "there isn't much difference between the cops and robbers" theme ... with this one being "it takes a psycho to catch one."
                            Last edited by slag; 01-27-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

all i know is shit better hit the fan starting with episode 4 or i'm Audi 5k (is it still 'cool' to say that or am i 'dating myself'?)

there hasn't been an update to the saying since march 2005 on urban dictionary. OH DEAR!!! I'M OUT OF TOUCH!

Comment

I think we're just splitting hairs. My choice of the word supernatural was wrong I believe. "Creepy" or "evil" would better describe what I mean.

Basically, I want these murders to continue to be part of a bigger scope (is that Reverend actually a perverted psycho? Is there a cult at play that thinks these murders will bring about God/the devil?) and not just some meth dealer(s) that like(s) to get freaky with women.
                                Last edited by Sect 236; 01-27-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X