Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm pretty much done w/ the Phils until Amaro is gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty much done w/ the Phils until Amaro is gone...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...season/page/22

Who did he sign this time?

I didn't even click on the link but I am thinking he is shooting to bring back Ibanez or Jose Mesa

Comment

No one recently...

"No general manager has gotten ripped off this winter as much as Ruben Amaro Jr., who somehow believes that handing out multi-year deals to middling players on the downside of their careers is the quickest way to get his already mediocre roster back into the playoff picture."

Comment

"No general manager has gotten ripped off this winter as much as Ruben Amaro Jr., who somehow believes that handing out multi-year deals to middling players on the downside of their careers is the quickest way to get his already mediocre roster back into the playoff picture.

Spending a combined $46.5 million on contracts for 36-year-old outfielder Marlon Byrd, 34-year-old catcher Carlos Ruiz and 33-year-old pitcher Roberto Hernandez isn't a good idea, yet that's exactly what the Phillies did.

Amaro Jr. might as well jump inside the Phillie Fanatic's costume this season—it may the only way he can avoid the criticism that is coming his way."

Comment

I feel going into this season the way I did about the 2004 team - BLAH! I remember that was the year they brought back Glanville, still had all those jerkoffs who bleached their hair and thought they were badasses, and Bobby Abreu was giving us all false hope that he was a savior, not a cancer.

Actually, the 2004 team might have been more likable. This is a team of Chase Utley, Cliff Lee, and a sorry bunch of jagoffs. Sorry, IG, but I can't like a guy like Jimmy Rollins who is only here to rob Mike Schmidt of his records.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Slizz--my wife bought me a Cards hat as a joke this past weekend...I may consider wearing it until Amaro is gone. All kidding aside, John Mozeliak is a BADASS GM!

Comment

I wish the Phillies were built that way. But really any team wishes they were built like that. Lose one of the biggest names in baseball, and you've got his replacement who is just as productive ready to play. Oh yeah, and when said replacement gets hurt, there's another productive youngster ready to go. The only position they probably couldn't afford to lose is catcher.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Yup...Molina will be 33 during the year

Back up is Tony Cruz who didn't get off bench in WS but is a serviceable back up

Comment

at least your team didn't do this:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...g-friendly-cub

Comment

BWAH...you're the first

guy thought of when I saw that shite...What PR mental giant came up with that?

Comment

worst part is that's the best signing we've had in years.

Comment

No doubt Amaro sucks, but this article has zero credibility.

Not because it's on Bleacher Report (that just adds to the lack of credibility) but because they spelled his name Phillie Fanatic with a F.

Comment

Whats kills me is there is no way this team is going to get better with him as GM. They will be stuck in limbo until they fire him, blow up the team and bring in a competent GM. They haven't even hit rock bottom yet. I'm hoping for mediocrity but expecting embarrassing.

Comment

I'm putting the money I usually spend on the MLB package into WWW network. I'll listen to the radio team on Sirius.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Isn't Gillick still an advisor or consultant...or something? Can't he reel Amaro back in for fuck sake?

Comment

Working...
                              X