OT : Good thing "law abiding citizens" get to carry their guns around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    I don't believe he was thinking even that far ahead, I believe he made an emotional choice, panicked, and allowed his anger/ frustration to get to take over.

Stupid way to end your senior days after a lifetime career serving as an police officer protecting the public.
    But that's the kind of thing that can happen when you are carrying a gun around all of the time and when there are laws saying you can shoot whenever you are panicked.

His victim has no life. He should spend the rest of his life in jail.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I don't believe he was thinking even that far ahead, I believe he made an emotional choice, panicked, and allowed his anger/ frustration to get to take over.

Stupid way to end your senior days after a lifetime career serving as an police officer protecting the public.
      I just think it's stupid to encourage people to be packing all of the time. This example shows that a career police officer can get emotional and do something stupid... and if carrying a gun lash out to kill somebody.

Remember Bullwinkle? He was a gun nut. He never did anything so stupid... although I think he might have had fantasies about a similar situation involving somebody more threatening than a guy throwing popcorn in a movie theater.
      --------

Comment

No argument here

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        But that's the kind of thing that can happen when you are carrying a gun around all of the time and when there are laws saying you can shoot whenever you are panicked.

His victim has no life. He should spend the rest of his life in jail.
        Just like drinking and driving don't mix, strong emotions and guns don't either.

He chose to carry a gun, he couldn't control his emotions, and respond in a disciplined manner.

He should go to jail.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I just think it's stupid to encourage people to be packing all of the time. This example shows that a career police officer can get emotional and do something stupid... and if carrying a gun lash out to kill somebody.

Remember Bullwinkle? He was a gun nut. He never did anything so stupid... although I think he might have had fantasies about a similar situation involving somebody more threatening than a guy throwing popcorn in a movie theater.
          I have yet to see the wisdom of carrying a gun all the time unless it's your job.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I have yet to see the wisdom of carrying a gun all the time unless it's your job.
            Imagine if they had a law allowing anybody who wanted to to freely carry a gun into an NFL game. I wouldn't go.
            --------

Comment

Any sporting event

Imagine if they had a law allowing anybody who wanted to to freely carry a gun into an NFL game. I wouldn't go.
              ...strong emotions, crowds already divided by team loyalties,toss in the beer. Not good at all.

Bring a whole new experience to the game, Igglephans could actually lose it's first tailgayte.

Imagine trying to leave the parking lot after a losing effort say in a playoff game....got to hope you have enough first responders

Comment

This is a good point. If a career cop can lose his cool, makes me think twice for myself. I have a permit but have never carried.

Comment

OMG! OMG!

You're probably holding a slice of Swiss cheese in your hand right now and reading this shit! Laughing and shit! Rubbing and shit!

Comment

You're right, it's homicide

And I was "joking" with the original poster, not the facts of the case. Why is this such a tragedy, when other homicides are not? Why didn't eagle in ohio post these homicides? They don't count? Or they don't fit the agenda...

http://projects.latimes.com/homicide/blog/page/1/
                    Last edited by Riccardo; 01-14-2014, 11:40 PM. Reason: KGism
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Agreed. I do note this was a former Cop.
                      I don't understand why people want to carry a gun all the time. Macho? Paranoia?
                      Here, many, including left wing Demos, have a gun in their car - all legal.
                      I don't get that much either. But at least they are not carrying it around, and I understand that a bit more.
                      And, many more here carry guns in the woods, they say because of Grizzly Bears, than did so 20 years ago.
                      Is that the growth of paranoia in America?
                      I walk in the woods daily more than most all those people, and so not understand their paranoia, because the facts say it just doesn't happen.
                      But hey, some people are "fearful" of their kids in school, and then they drive their kids in cars, which is much more dangerous. America has become paranoid.

Comment

What agenda? It all over the news because its clearly a unique set of circumstance that everyone can relate to.

It was a clash between two different views of acceptable norms in our society. Also, technology had a role in this and that adds to the fascination.

Old World vs. New World.

Your link is drive-bys and pimps settling scores.
                        That's normal everyday shit here in the Sota.

Edit to add: I get what you are saying though. He was poking a stick!
                        Last edited by Drama Queen; 01-15-2014, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I see a lot of old people lose their cool. Things change fast for them, including a perceived disintegration of social behaviors.

Comment

That doesn't (necessarily) mean anything

This example shows that a career police officer can get emotional and do something stupid... and if carrying a gun lash out to kill somebody.
                            If anything it shows the true nature of many police officers.

Comment

That's the point

Previously law-abiding gun carriers committing gun violence crimes happens once in a blue moon - it isn't the problem. Criminals illegally carrying guns commit gun violence crimes every day - but anti-gun nuts don't seem to care about them.
                              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Could be it's not guns

and it has something to do with Florida:

http://nypost.com/2014/01/15/mom-kil...urder-suicide/
                                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X