Pretty much never done with the Phils no matter how long Amaro stays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty much never done with the Phils no matter how long Amaro stays

...its still Phillies beisbol. What I'm supposed to stop watching because they didn't make enough moves yet? Not how it works for me.

Who else will be there opening day? See you at CBP no matter who is on the roster.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I don't know if I'm making opening day, but I am doing a trip to Spring Training in March. I have a bleaker outlook on the Phils than the other 3 teams but none of that matters when those red pinstripes take the field.

Fuck Amaro, but I'm with you Georgie, once a real fan, always a real fan.

Comment

Do you really think people who say they are done are done?
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
        ...its still Phillies beisbol. What I'm supposed to stop watching because they didn't make enough moves yet? Not how it works for me.

Who else will be there opening day? See you at CBP no matter who is on the roster.
        I stuck with Ed Wade for 9 years. I can handle another year or two of RAJ.

Can't wait for Spring Training....ST PATTYS DAY IN CLEARWATER!

Comment

When are you going? I fly back on the 17th.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            Do you really think people who say they are done are done?
            I swear I'm done... but I'll still watch 120+ games and go to a handful.

Comment

IG...it's not about "enough moves"! What I'm actually looking for is quality over quantity. Face it, we have one of the worst GMs in the damn game! Keep pouring your hard earned money into those tickets my friend...they'll never get the message!

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                When are you going? I fly back on the 17th.
                I believe March 14th-19th. I'll know for sure by next week. Have you been to ST before?

Comment

Meh, I was so used to the Phillies being shit...

for all those years, the last ten were more like an aberration.

That being said, they better get that fucking Japanese pitcher. They haven't spent any other money this off season.

And they better find some new scouts. Their drafts have rivaled The Fatman's.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                    I believe March 14th-19th. I'll know for sure by next week. Have you been to ST before?
                    We did a day trip to Clearwater (we were on the other coast) on Spring Break Senior year. It was the year after the WS. Never actually did the full experience.

My buddy who lives in Pittsburgh and has been a diehard Buccos fan for life is meeting me down there. We're doing the Friday game in Bradenton and then the Sunday game in Clearwater. A nice Phils/Bucs double dip.
                    Last edited by Sect 236; 01-16-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

A person who only roots for a team when it's winning is the definition of a bandwagon fan. We've endured way worse than this bunch over the years, I'll definitely catch as many games as possible this year.

Comment

Oh, I'm very far from a bandwagon fan. I'm a friggin' grown man who cried when they won it all in '08! I'll never stop being a Phils fan, thank you very much, but I realize that they won't contend until RAJ is gone. You know that as well...

Comment

I don't know that he mentioned anything about rooting. Wasn't the key to Ed Wade's demise a season ticket holder revolt?
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

150% agreement

I LOVE The Phillies!

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                              I don't know that he mentioned anything about rooting. Wasn't the key to Ed Wade's demise a season ticket holder revolt?
                              Slizz/Jay, I see where you're coming from. For me, it doesn't feel right to only attend games when the team is firing all cylinders, winning lots of games, etc.
                              That's the easy part of being a fan. It takes a lot more to show up when things aren't going so well.

I wouldn't boycott the Phillies anymore than I boycotted the Eagles in Reid's last year. A change was needed, the record reflected that, and eventually Lurie had to act. Same thing will happen for the Phils and Amaro whether I go to games or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X