Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kiper's first mock has dream team taking Kelvin Benjamin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiper's first mock has dream team taking Kelvin Benjamin!

oh snap!

only 4 short months to see if that actually happens.

Hope he can play safety.

Comment

That would be legit

One thing to mention though is that Kiper is usually dead wrong

cw I like the idea of upgrading by FA for Safety, we can always draft one in the 2nd or 3rd to develop

Comment

Yeah, FA is well before the draft, so they will have more defined needs, and if they address the defense enough I wouldn't hate a WR in the first. But it's tough to look at this team right now and say they should go offense in the first round. After the "dream team" situation, big ticket free agents scare me a little bit, but there are a couple safeties out there that would sure up the position.

Comment

He also has

The Turds taking Clinton-Dix from Alabama. I don't like that.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Outside of HaHa and Calvin Pryor, I don't know if any of the other S's warrant a first rounder. If they are both off the board when the Eagles pick, they could fall into that trap of reaching for need as opposed to drafting BPA.

I'd be fine with Benjamin in round 1 if it meant they signed one of the better FAs or that they draft Deone Bucannon or Ahmad Dixon in round 2.

Comment

I would love pryor from Louisville.

he is the total package. philly fans would immediately love that kid.

Comment

I'm definitely not the college fan that you and ells (and some other posters) are, so I'll defer to you on their first round merits. All I know is the defense is much farther away than the offense, and S and a true pass rushing OLB is more important than adding a WR IMO.

I have much more faith in this FO than the previous one, so I'm not going to overreact no matter who they pick. And like I said in a previous thread, it really wouldn't surprise me if Chip said "screw it I'm drafting offense and scoring 40 a game" even if I think that is the wrong approach.
                Last edited by common wealth; 01-16-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                  I would love pryor from Louisville.

he is the total package. philly fans would immediately love that kid.
                  Agreed. Have you seen Ahmad Dixon play? Baylor got plenty of airtime this year. I think that kid is a beast too.

Comment

Originally posted by common wealth View Post
                    And like I said in a previous thread, it really wouldn't surprise me if Chip said "screw it I'm drafting offense and scoring 40 a game" even if I think that is the wrong approach.
                    I hope Chip doesn't think that way because he will never win the prize in this league, maybe in college though. It's time for Tom Gamble to put a stamp on the D since he is staying.

Seattle and San Fran will continue being in the NFCCG on a regular bases with their defensive philosophy. Carolina is right behind them and the Saints D has improved to a 180*degree turn.. The Eagles O just needs a little tweaking. A big physical WR is a priority but not the main priority.

Comment

Originally posted by common wealth View Post
                      I'm definitely not the college fan that you and ells (and some other posters) are, so I'll defer to you on their first round merits. All I know is the defense is much farther away than the offense, and a true pass rushing OLB is more important than adding a WR IMO.

I have much more faith in this FO than the previous one, so I'm not going to overreact no matter who they pick. And like I said in a previous thread, it really wouldn't surprise me if Chip said "screw it I'm drafting offense and scoring 40 a game" even if I think that is the wrong approach.
                      I hear ya, but I also don't know if Chip would think of it as "screw D, we gon score." I think he's the type of coach who truly looks at it as "this is the best player that's on the board right now, we're going to take him, and he's going to make us better."

It's how/why they ended up with Ertz and Barkley last year.

If you keep drafting the best player (with a few exceptions, like, they don't need to take BPA if it's a RB) you're going to end up with a deep, talented roster.
                      Last edited by Sect 236; 01-16-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

And he also picked Manziel to go #1, he's an asshole.

Comment

i haven't seen much of him at all. never really caught baylor games, even when bob griffin was there.

Comment

There are some good safety's in this draft and there is pretty good WR depth through the first couple rounds. I would like to get both quick and early. Depending on who we sign via fa. I could see any of the top 5 big WR as our first pick.

Robinson
                            Benjamin
                            Evans
                            Watkins
                            Lee. Only 6ft tall though. More maclins size.

Comment

Originally posted by WeflyHigh View Post
                              There are some good safety's in this draft and there is pretty good WR depth through the first couple rounds. I would like to get both quick and early. Depending on who we sign via fa. I could see any of the top 5 big WR as our first pick.

Robinson
                              Benjamin
                              Evans
                              Watkins
                              Lee. Only 6ft tall though. More maclins size.
                              People care about what other people in this thread have said. NOBODY cares what you have to say.

Comment

Working...
                              X