great Palestra homage in today's Daily News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great Palestra homage in today's Daily News

to mark Saturday's origination of ESPN College Gameday prior to LaSalle-Temple from the world's greatest gym. Memories from Chaney, all the current Big Five coaches, longtime media like Stan Hochman, a piece on the legendary "Yo-Yo" and some great photography.

Definitely a must-read if you are a Palestra fan.

If you are a college basketball fan and have never been there, put it on your bucket list.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

GO 'SPLORERS

Here's to keeping the current TU BB losing streak going. Heard they are preparing for their WORST record since 1939, a 20 loss season?

LaSalle sold over 1,000 student tickets and Temple only sold a few hundred. frauds....

Comment

Haha. A Temple fan creates a thread to highlight the memories of the Plaestra and the joy it brings to true Big 5 fans. A 100%, no bias, "here's to Philly basketball" thread.

A Nova fan posts a hateful response instead of celebrating Philly basketball with a fellow rival...and we're the frauds.

Tell us again how the Nova snob rep is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exaggerated.

Keep it scummy bro.
      Last edited by Sect 236; 01-17-2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I forgot, this site is TU's FOXNEWS.
        Just relevant info on the matter with some editorial content.

LOL... "scummy"

Comment

Getting IG some ratings on this thread

Comment

Edit: I wrote a decent length response and then realized it's not worth the bandwidth on here because as a Nova person, there's no getting through to you or reasoning with you so why waste the space.

I don't really even feel like going back and forth with you over this shit anymore.

Have a good day.
            Last edited by Sect 236; 01-18-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              to mark Saturday's origination of ESPN College Gameday prior to LaSalle-Temple from the world's greatest gym. Memories from Chaney, all the current Big Five coaches, longtime media like Stan Hochman, a piece on the legendary "Yo-Yo" and some great photography.

Definitely a must-read if you are a Palestra fan.

If you are a college basketball fan and have never been there, put it on your bucket list.
              I remember "Yo Yo" from Phillies games at the Vet. Also the Big Five was televised from the Palestra on Channel 17 for a while.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post

... celebrating Philly basketball with a fellow rival...
                My early posts on CBB was of BIG 5/ Palestra admiration and that turned into NOVA hate by the likes of yourself... pot , kettle, black.

Comment

Digger Phelps: Rollie wrecked the Big 5

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  Haha. A Temple fan creates a thread to highlight the memories of the Plaestra and the joy it brings to true Big 5 fans. A 100%, no bias, "here's to Philly basketball" thread.

A Nova fan posts a hateful response instead of celebrating Philly basketball with a fellow rival...and we're the frauds.

Tell us again how the Nova snob rep is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exaggerated.

Keep it scummy bro.
                  what do you expect a Nova fan to say? He's just insecure because he knows what scum his program is with regard to city basketball.

Don't take my word for it...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...spotlight.html
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

two summers ago I took my daughter to Cooperstown

and saw a sculpture dedicated to fans who were "characters"...was delighted to see "Yo-Yo" represented!
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

sure it was

find that post for me.
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

Fun game to be at. Wasn't surprised or disappointed with the result....this is the worse Temple team of my lifetime. I hope La Salle gets hot in the A10 and makes a run at the tourney.

Comment

They have no depth, so the second half is their nightmare. They also don't have a seasoned leader to take over when they need buckets like Collins, Christmas or Wyatt.

I think this is a learning year and next year they'll be slightly better.

Comment

Wyatt was the only reason last years team was any good. I like Dunphy a lot, but this team he put together this year unacceptable. He better right the ship next season.

Comment

Working...
                            X