26 days until Phils' spring training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 days until Phils' spring training

hey, I wish they had landed some players to get excited about but there is still a lot of talent on this roster, albeit of the aging variety. Remember the "Wheeze Kids?" I still think the Phils have a pretty good lineup and better than average pitching overall. Who knows? If Brown keeps it going and Revere comes back strong, #6 gets his groove back, etc etc etc.

there's something to be said for a veteran roster that has been there before and (I hope) is hungry to get it back.

I know, a lot of what-ifs, Washington is improved, the Cardinals are the Cardinals and the Dodgers are Yanquis West when it comes to spending...but everybody is 0-0 right now!
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

basebore

Who's that in your avatar, Mr. Whipple?
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      hey, I wish they had landed some players to get excited about but there is still a lot of talent on this roster, albeit of the aging variety. Remember the "Wheeze Kids?" I still think the Phils have a pretty good lineup and better than average pitching overall. Who knows? If Brown keeps it going and Revere comes back strong, #6 gets his groove back, etc etc etc.

there's something to be said for a veteran roster that has been there before and (I hope) is hungry to get it back.

I know, a lot of what-ifs, Washington is improved, the Cardinals are the Cardinals and the Dodgers are Yanquis West when it comes to spending...but everybody is 0-0 right now!
      If the key players really do stay/get healthy, they could keep things interesting, for sure. Odds are long, but stranger things have happened than a bunch of great, mid-30s baseball players getting their s*** together and making a run to the postseason.

Regardless of team play -- I'm really rooting for Ryan Howard to have a bounceback year. The guy has had an awful stretch of bad luck with injuries, it would be great to see him get another chance to remind everyone of how awesome he used to be. Revere and Brown are two great, young outfielders, I'd love to see them keep up the great work and help turn the Phils outfield into a position of strength. Can't wait.

Comment

Possible Clearwater weekend trip for me. Can't wait for the season either!

Comment

the beyond legendary...

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
          Who's that in your avatar, Mr. Whipple?
          ..."Yo-Yo"
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
          X