Eagles RB's fumbled only once in 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles RB's fumbled only once in 2013

Saw a chart on Philly.com. That's pretty remarkable.

400 carries. 1 fumble. The blog post credits Duce.

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
    Saw a chart on Philly.com. That's pretty remarkable.

400 carries. 1 fumble. The blog post credits Duce.
    That's a great stat. If Duce is responsible... and I suspect he is to some extent, it augurs well for his future coaching career.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Duce did not fumble even once the entire 1998 season. Not even an own recovered fumble. He was great at ball security even though he ran like a bull.

Comment

Let's Hope Chip Can Keep Him On The Staff

He asks for a raise, Jeff better OK it -- then again, after the way the backs responded this season, they should show him the money anyway!

Greasing the skids never hurts.
        "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

That's really impressive when you figure in that BB had some touches this season, he couldn't hold onto it last year.

Comment

A-men To That

Getting him to accept change in the way he did things was one thing -- working with him until it became second nature was something else entirely. Duce is going to be in demand once the other teams see stats like this.
            "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
              Getting him to accept change in the way he did things was one thing -- working with him until it became second nature was something else entirely. Duce is going to be in demand once the other teams see stats like this.
              You have to figure that Duce only leaves Philly for a promotion. What would be his next step? Offensive Coordinator? He's not going to switch to QB coach or anything like that.

I can't see teams ever going after Duce for OC based solely on his ability to stop fumbles.

If Duce switches to another position coach at some point a la John Harbaugh switching from ST to Defense, we have to worry about him looking outside Philly eventually for a promotion. If not, I could see Duce becoming this generation's Ted Williams, just staying in Philly regardless of changes to head coach.

Personally, I hope to see Duce on the sidelines for a long, long time. He was my favorite Eagle for a long time and embodied the toughness of Philly. These stats prove he's not just a legacy hire, but a seriously effective coach.

Comment

Remarkable? More like miraculous

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                You have to figure that Duce only leaves Philly for a promotion. What would be his next step? Offensive Coordinator? He's not going to switch to QB coach or anything like that.

I can't see teams ever going after Duce for OC based solely on his ability to stop fumbles.

If Duce switches to another position coach at some point a la John Harbaugh switching from ST to Defense, we have to worry about him looking outside Philly eventually for a promotion. If not, I could see Duce becoming this generation's Ted Williams, just staying in Philly regardless of changes to head coach.

Personally, I hope to see Duce on the sidelines for a long, long time. He was my favorite Eagle for a long time and embodied the toughness of Philly. These stats prove he's not just a legacy hire, but a seriously effective coach.
                If Duce is responsible for this, we have to give this man some serious props. Consider that Chip ran the ball more than FF ever did, and the way Shady and BB hold the ball you would think that they would be among the league leaders in fumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Franks N Beans View Post
                  the way Shady and BB hold the ball you would think that they would be among the league leaders in fumbles.
                  Agree on this. McCoy especially is swinging the ball a lot when he runs. Dumb luck somebody wasn't close enough to swat it out easily. Could be his running style has defenders so much on their heals that they don't have time to even think about a strip, so he gets away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                    Agree on this. McCoy especially is swinging the ball a lot when he runs. Dumb luck somebody wasn't close enough to swat it out easily. Could be his running style has defenders so much on their heals that they don't have time to even think about a strip, so he gets away with it.
                    I think in an interview Duce said that Shady runs like that but knows when to pull it in close in traffic.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                    X