Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Couldn't This Storm Have Waited Until Super Bowl Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Couldn't This Storm Have Waited Until Super Bowl Friday?

The NFL's powers that be were out of their f*ckin' minds for awarding a Super Bowl to a Northern city with an open air stadium.

It's just unfortunate that Mother Nature couldn't have waited for 10 days or so -- I'd love to see parking lots with 10 foot high piles of plowed snow and a game time temperature of 6 with a wind chill of -24! With their luck we'll get one of those summerlike warm spells we've had in these parts and it'll be 55 or 60 at kickoff..

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR.
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

They are calling for cold weather the next few weeks and the jet stream is pulling cold air a long ways south of where I am which is just north of Lake Ontario. I think that there is a good chance it is going to be very cold and hopefully snowy.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

It's already having impact KG

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
      The NFL's powers that be were out of their f*ckin' minds for awarding a Super Bowl to a Northern city with an open air stadium.

It's just unfortunate that Mother Nature couldn't have waited for 10 days or so -- I'd love to see parking lots with 10 foot high piles of plowed snow and a game time temperature of 6 with a wind chill of -24! With their luck we'll get one of those summerlike warm spells we've had in these parts and it'll be 55 or 60 at kickoff..

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR.
      Already reading how the private jets will be fighting for space and time..even now this far out.... The chance for impactful foul weather is still there.

Stay Strong Kelly Green.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

From Your Bytes To Mother Nature's Ears

I want this Super Bowl to be the biggest freakin' headache the NFL has ever had. I want them begging for another wardrobe malfunction to take the heat off.

Comment

To Quote The Beach Boys...

Wouldn't it be nice?

Comment

Why exactly?

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR.
            Why exactly is that?
            The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

Well, Gee, Let's See...

Warm weather cities -- sunshine, heat, perfect conditions 90% of the time. Domed stadiums -- perfect conditions 100% of the time.

Open air stadiums in northern cities in the dead of winter.

Duh.

Comment

Warm weather cities -- sunshine, heat, perfect conditions 90% of the time. Domed stadiums -- perfect conditions 100% of the time.

Open air stadiums in northern cities in the dead of winter.

Duh.
                Weather should be an occasional factor in football.

By your logic, all NFL stadiums should be domes. Geigh.
                The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

I'll say it...fuck-a-NY team stadium.

I scowl every time a game is televised from there (NJ) and they show Manhattan scenery like it's only a few blocks away.

Comment

Agreed, but that's a seperate issue. KG's issue is weather.

F a NJ SB, but KG's sandy vagina notwithstanding, I think the idea of playing it outside in real weather conditions is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by muggz View Post
                      Agreed, but that's a seperate issue. KG's issue is weather.

F a NJ SB, but KG's sandy vagina notwithstanding, I think the idea of playing it outside in real weather conditions is a good idea.
                      I Agree 100%. People who want the Super Bowl in pefect weather conditions or in dome are a little soft.

Comment

Hey KG....

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR.
                        Happy??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ugh-next-week/
                        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I agree a 1000%

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                          I Agree 100%. People who want the Super Bowl in pefect weather conditions or in dome are a little soft.
                          The worst thing the NFL ever did was put the SBs' in Dome stadiums. The best thing was to put the SBs at night instead of the day games like they were in the 70's

Comment

The Cowboys and Broncos was the 1st Dome Superbowl game

The Eagles and Raiders were the 2nd. Both games played at the same stadium within a 3 year span.

Comment

Why do you care?

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR.
                              I don't get it. Would you still feel this way if the Birds were in the game?
                              Last edited by Irish George; 01-22-2014, 01:54 PM.
                              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X