Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be impolite to point out... (c)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be impolite to point out... (c)

That Chip Kelly has never won a championship? His Oregon teams won the Pac 12 three times, and lost two of the bowl games thereafter (including one BCS Championship).

His shaky decisionmaking and timekeeping this season could be just learning pains. On the other hand, it could be a symptom of Loser Syndrome, someone who can coach 'em up and come close but not get there.

Past performance is no indicator of future performance, and I'm still on the bandwagon, but this offseason thought brought to you by...

Dark Bulb
    DB

It wouldn't be "impolite" but it is "irrelevant". Oregon is a 2nd tier program and he was never gonna win a championship with those bums, although he actually came pretty close once and would have won one NC if not for Cam Newton.

He's only been in the NFL for 1 year and not too many coaches win a Superbowl their first season.

Comment

what did Pete Carol win?

and when you look at a guy like Barry Switzer,,Make you wonder..
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

No Eagle coach in the History of The Super Bowl

Has ever won a Championship. ie: SB, So What can you say, he is no worse than his predecessors, and still can eclipse them!.
        "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

Pete Caroll won 2 national championships.

Comment

Pete Carroll also got fired from his first two NFL head coaching gigs. So on that curve, Kelly is way ahead of him.

Comment

Say What? First You Say He's Never Won A Championship...

...but in your second sentence you point out his teams won the PAC-12 THREE TIMES.

Where I come from, that's a championship -- three of them, in fact. College football's "championship" in its present form is a joke. Until they have a REAL playoff, the fact remains that Chip Kelly won three championships. Period.
              "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Would it be impolite to point out that Spurrier and Saban did win NCs?
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

You see no difference...

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                  ...but in your second sentence you point out his teams won the PAC-12 THREE TIMES.

Where I come from, that's a championship -- three of them, in fact. College football's "championship" in its present form is a joke. Until they have a REAL playoff, the fact remains that Chip Kelly won three championships. Period.
                  ...between a Pac-12 title and a national championship? You must really be impressed with the MAC champions.
                  DB

Comment

What National Champion?

College basketball has a national champion. College baseball has a national champion. Every college football classification EXCEPT the biggest football factories, all have national champions.

Major college football has a popularity contest.

If and until major college football has a playoff like all the others, there will never be a true national champion.

The prosecution rests.

Comment

So, in other words, Joe Pa won one championship. And that's it.

Comment

Notre Dame hasn't won sh*t.
                        The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

He Wasn't In A League Until The End

Once the NCAA established real championship playoffs for all the other divisions, it rendered meaningless the "Major College national championship."

You can win a league title -- the title "national champion" for major colleges isn't worth the powder to blow it to kingdom come, as my daddy used to say.

Comment

Lou Holtz
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Jimmy Johnson

Originally posted by slag View Post
                              Lou Holtz
                              But not Barry Switzer
                              DB

Comment

Working...
                              X