Well, Shady Just Gave Sherman Some Material For Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Shady Just Gave Sherman Some Material For Next Year

I'm watching this dumb Pro Bowl draft and they had Shady and Revis on together.

Long story short, Shady said despite what we've heard this week, his fellow Pitt alum is the best CB in the NFL.

We've seen how long Sherman's memory is, and how excitable he is...I'm sure he'll view the clear Pitt homer-ism as a slight and use that next season when the Eagles play Seattle.

Disagree with Shady. Think Sherm is best cb. Admittedly, I don't watch a lot of college fb, but it boggles my mind how so many scouts could miss him as a prospect. Don't remember him in college, but size alone should have brought him attention.
    Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

1) Who knows if he believes it or not, they just put two Pitt guys together. I'm sure Shady and Revis have a friendship being from the same college and a year apart. I wouldn't expect Shady to say anything else. My point is, Sherman will take it as a slight, not the Pitt love it is.

2) Sherman had only played CB for two years when draft day came. Add to that, Harbaugh, who was his coach at Stanford, reportedly bad mouthed him to coaches during the scouting process.

Comment

That makes sense. I can see Harbaugh making a prick move like that.

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
          That makes sense. I can see Harbaugh making a prick move like that.
          Now that Sherman has revealed the third rate asshole that he is, Harbaugh knew what he was talking about if he maligned Sherman before the draft.

NFL teams ask people direct questions about players. If Harbaugh is gonna lie and say something like - "great guy", "great team player", then it reflects badly on Harbaugh when the guy turns out to be a douche, like Sherman.

Nobody should give recommendations for people they know to be dicks.

Comment

If the draft were today, Sherman would be a top 5 pick. Teams want winners not boy scouts.

Comment

Seattle owns us anyway, so I'm not sure this will make a difference. Some of our best FIASCOS come against Seattle.

Comment

Admittedly, I don't watch a lot of college fb, but it boggles my mind how so many scouts could miss him as a prospect. Don't remember him in college, but size alone should have brought him attention.
                Converted from WR, only six interceptions in two years as a CB, knee injury ended his freshman season. Also, he's big and great at jamming receivers, but he's not particularly fast for a CB. Looks like his combine time was 4.54 in the 40, which is blistering compared to how someone like myself would run it, but below average for a position that routinely has players posting in the 4.3-4.4 range.

He wound up being a 5th rounder, which taking everything into account, makes a certain amount of sense. The 1st round CB's that draft were guys like Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara, and they earned it with their on field play in college. Sherman has made that work for him in the pros.

Comment

If the draft were today, Sherman would be a top 5 pick. Teams want winners not boy scouts.
                  I'm assuming you mean the 2011 NFL Draft? I don't know, that draft was loaded at the top, with guys like Von Miller, AJ Green, Julio Jones, JJ Watt and a bunch of others. Sherman would be a 1st rounder no question, but I don't know if he'd make the top 10 picks.

Comment

It was a game against the Eagles where Lynch's Skittles mythology started. If I'm not mistake, Vince "Dream Team" Young started that game. I remember everyone (fans and analysts alike) saying how it was clear the team had straight up quit on FF.

Let's also not forget the Reggie banner unveiling game. Straight shit show.

Comment

Personally, I think Revis is better, but they're close. If Sherman gets pissy because Shady backed a Pitt alum, he's a bigger baby than anyone thought.

Not that it matters. If Sherman has Shady coming his way in a game, he's going to be his bitch.
                      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                      X