Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apparently he was a real "hit' in HOU

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    Listening to this guy now. He just admitted he's never been to a fringe sport game.

It's obvious corporate management wants this guy to move to a more national role and Philadelphia is a way stop on his way to national sports shock jock douchedom.
    Google his girlfriend, Silly Jilly. What a crew...
    WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      terrible. even for them. Maybe the worst ever.
      I mostly can't stand any sports talk stations. The callers and host are just rambling on, opining about anything and everything. It's like taking the worst posts here and reading them aloud.

It's only good if it's a plugged-in reporter who can fill you in on what's happening, or can have an educated theory about off-season moves or whatever.

Didinger and Roob are the only ones I'm willing to listen to.

-AE

Comment

Doesn't have to "get Philly"...

Gives different perspective.

If what you are after is everyone thinking the same...big circle jerk, OK, I get it. Enjoy the clones.

If you want diversity of opinion...one who has not completely inhaled the kool-aid...give the guy a chance.

You guys sound like a bunch of old men at the barber shop who have not realized the world really doesn't give a crud about their opinions...

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
          I mostly can't stand any sports talk stations. The callers and host are just rambling on, opining about anything and everything. It's like taking the worst posts here and reading them aloud.

It's only good if it's a plugged-in reporter who can fill you in on what's happening, or can have an educated theory about off-season moves or whatever.

Didinger and Roob are the only ones I'm willing to listen to.

-AE
          agreed.

I did use to like Howard Eskin despite his on air personality... especially when he was paired with Missanelli.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
            It's awful. Only listenable program is Didinger/Macnow on Saturdays. That's 3 hours of good radio per week between 2 stations.
            Jolowitz isnt too bad. He can get a little pompus at times but knows his shit. Rob Ellis is decent when he's solo. The Cuz is a career killer, just ask Macnow. Ike Reese still can't form a complete sentence and Barkin is brutal. I dont mind Farsetta, but ge can get a little douchey. I agree though, Didinger and Macnow are top notch. I think Baldinger would be a great addition to WIP, he would bring a semi national perspective with a concentration on the Birds.

Comment

I never in my life imagined...

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
              It's awful. Only listenable program is Didinger/Macnow on Saturdays. That's 3 hours of good radio per week between 2 stations.
              ...they could find somebody worse than Paul Jolovitz but they managed to do it.
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

he's the second worst in my opinion

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                Jolowitz isnt too bad. He can get a little pompus at times but knows his shit. Rob Ellis is decent when he's solo. The Cuz is a career killer, just ask Macnow. Ike Reese still can't form a complete sentence and Barkin is brutal. I dont mind Farsetta, but ge can get a little douchey. I agree though, Didinger and Macnow are top notch. I think Baldinger would be a great addition to WIP, he would bring a semi national perspective with a concentration on the Birds.
                the sound of his voice alone is nails on a chalkboard. and he talks over every caller. Horrible.
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

I listen to Eskin on Saturday mornings sometimes. I actually miss him.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Eskin is like Francessa ... guy you love to hate.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      Listening to him now. To be honest I always enjoyed his show.

Actually my favorite WIP show was when he was paired with Missanelli. They didn't like each other and it showed.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

You are absolutely correct. They tried this a couple years ago with another loser from Charlotte. Lasted very very short amount of time.
                        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

And the nicknames...

tastykake tom....twinkieDC
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

That show was solid

Originally posted by IronEagle:1744376
                            Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                            Listening to him now. To be honest I always enjoyed his show.

Actually my favorite WIP show was when he was paired with Missanelli. They didn't like each other and it showed.
                            I can handle miss in doses, but usually it's because his callers are complete morons. Otherwise, he's just three current king blowhard

Comment

Working...
                            X