Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up here? Super Bowl ticket prices dropping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up here? Super Bowl ticket prices dropping.

I guess people don't care for "Bruno Mars".

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...ntinue-plummet
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

No gaytes. No walking. Should serve as a lesson.

Comment

People don't want sit and watch it

..possible crappy weather, potential for date change, and just a plain old crap location for a game...who wants to spend $1000 + for a cheap seat under those conditions.

And no tailgating?

Fiasco....I wonder if JLow was on the selection committee?
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I'd rather pay a couple of hundred dollars for a Super Bowl party indoors under these circumstances.

Only fans of both teams could tolerate this crap.

Comment

Can you imagine dropping

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          No gaytes. No walking. Should serve as a lesson.
          Several grand on tickets, fighting to get reservation/ flights to get to the game and then they move it to another day because of weather? Good luck keeping those reservations.

I'll stay home and watch it on my big screen from the comfort of my couch and use the money I saved for a trip to someplace warm.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            Several grand on tickets, fighting to get reservation/ flights to get to the game and then they move it to another day because of weather? Good luck keeping those reservations.

I'll stay home and watch it on my big screen from the comfort of my couch and use the money I saved for a trip to someplace warm.
            The ironic thing is that the NFL is probably rooting for snow because a Super Bowl in the snow would make for good TV ratings.
            --------

Comment

Yep but the additional screw up

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
              I'd rather pay a couple of hundred dollars for a Super Bowl party indoors under these circumstances.

Only fans of both teams could tolerate this crap.
              Is they are making it difficult for those who will brave the weather to have any fun.

No tailgating, no walki-ins, no drop offs, can only use designated shuttle services or just sit your car...plus they have limited the number of parking spaces for fans??

It's the fucking Meadowlands not the Taj Mahal!!

NFL screwed up big time IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                Is they are making it difficult for those who will brave the weather to have any fun.

No tailgating, no walki-ins, no drop offs, can only use designated shuttle services or just sit your car...plus they have limited the number of parking spaces for fans??

It's the fucking Meadowlands not the Taj Mahal!!

NFL screwed up big time IMHO
                My belief is they awarded the SB to the Meadowlands stadium because at the time they awarded it, the stadium had no corporate name.
                --------

Comment

I don't know

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  The ironic thing is that the NFL is probably rooting for snow because a Super Bowl in the snow would make for good TV ratings.
                  Counter intuitive IMO one of the biggest threats to stadium attendance ( a complaint by many franchises) is the success of the home theatre.

Why encourage such a thing?

Comment

Because that's where the real money is.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I understand but it's still a threat

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      Because that's where the real money is.
                      unless the owners decide how they use their stadiums,...the further the sport is isolated from the fan base you risk the chance of losing its following.

Comment

People don't realize New York isn't a football town. There are Vagiants and Jitbag fans but very few fans who live and die with their teams. The Vagiants got off to an 0-6 start and their fans were off to Yankee hot stove concerns. And they sure as shit aren't going to pay $1000 bucks a ticket to sit in a cold rain and watch Seattle and Denver just because the Super Bowl is in town. If the Vagiants aren't in the Super Bowl, they couldn't give a shit most of them.

Comment

Buddy of mine a lifelong Seahawk fan. He's going down from upstate for the weekend. We are all convinced $600 or less on day of game gets him in the building.

Comment

Especially if the SB is moved to another day! Is he prepared for all of that?

Comment

Of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X