TJ Ward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Ward

I wonder how much he'll cost. I like his style plus he was a Duck.

Originally posted by Agent 10 View Post
    I wonder how much he'll cost. I like his style plus he was a Duck.
    Good player but when you go free agent you look at needs. he plays ss - Allen if he is resigned (should be cheaper) had a decent second half.

Rather go Byrd great fs that makes the whole defense better. Thats who I would target -- seems Bills want to resign him maybe even going the 8.3 million franchise tag. I dont think so Byrd will jump at a good deal long term with a team he think has a shot at a Super Bowl.

Comment

Make no mistake about it

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
      Good player but when you go free agent you look at needs. he plays ss - Allen if he is resigned (should be cheaper) had a decent second half.

Rather go Byrd great fs that makes the whole defense better. Thats who I would target -- seems Bills want to resign him maybe even going the 8.3 million franchise tag. I dont think so Byrd will jump at a good deal long term with a team he think has a shot at a Super Bowl.
      Nate Allen blows. He has no business being an NFL starter.

Agree 100% on Byrd.

Bottom line is both safety positions need to be upgraded. Maybe they'll let Earl Wolff compete in the offseason but I really think that Allen/Coleman have been so bad that even a borderline serviceable player impresses us. I like him but I don't know if he is a starter either.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post

Agree 100% on Byrd.

Bottom line is both safety positions need to be upgraded. Maybe they'll let Earl Wolff compete in the offseason but I really think that Allen/Coleman have been so bad that even a borderline serviceable player impresses us. I like him but I don't know if he is a starter either.
        i agree on Nate Allen...COMPLETE JERKOFF.

Comment

Byrd is better in coverage, but if the Eagles can sign either of them, it's 150% an upgrade. There is not a single fan that should say "pass on (insert NFL caliber safety) because Nate Allen had a decent second half."

Nate Allen is not an option and if you think he is, you're dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post

Agree 100% on Byrd.

We agree on this one. So tired of hearing how well Late Allen played this year. He sucks, but I have a bad feeling Howie boy will bring him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
              Byrd is better in coverage, but if the Eagles can sign either of them, it's 150% an upgrade. There is not a single fan that should say "pass on (insert NFL caliber safety) because Nate Allen had a decent second half."

Nate Allen is not an option and if you think he is, you're dumb.
              No you are the joke sir -- Allen is rated as one of the top 5 tacklers at the ss spot - he had a legit turn around in this defensive scheme -- give him Byrd to pair up with and I believe you have a very good safety combo

Read the following http://the700level.com/football-eagl...d-this-season/

What i dont get is how so many on this board make snap judgments based on what they stale bs they read or what others think on the board

No sure you are the one thats wrong. and Yes Nate Allen if he can be resigned to play SS is a very viable option - pair him with Byrd - with wolf backing them up and you are solid at safety.

Football is a team sport sir. you must understand what coming back from an injury is like then being thrust into a shit defensive scheme -- does to a player. Hey I say sign Allen then go get the kid from Buffalo thats a huge upgrade on defense - Bryd being back there will even elevate Allens play --

Comment

Originally posted by Regal View Post
                We agree on this one. So tired of hearing how well Late Allen played this year. He sucks, but I have a bad feeling Howie boy will bring him back.
                Are you serious so you watch games. Its amazing people just form opinions based on what others type on this board. Fact is he has improved under this new defensive scheme and should be resigned - its Chung who actually has proven to be dog shit

Comment

Just stop. Nate Allen has progressed, sure. He's progressed from worst safety in the NFL to an ok option as backup safety.

If you want a defense that's not good enough to win, you start Nate Allen. If you want a better D, you don't start Nate Allen.

Those of us who want an upgrade from Allen are not saying it because it's been written by anyone else, we're saying it because we have eyes, know football and realize, unlike you, that Nate Allen should not be starting on any D that has title aspirations.

Again, I beg you, just stop, your football ignorance is showing.

Edit: Pro Football Focus, who you clearly care about since you used their 4th in tackling ranking, ranked Nate Allen as the 51st best safety in coverage and 49th best safety overall. If those numbers are good enough to give you the hard on you have for Allen, then I can't help you.
                  Last edited by Sect 236; 01-28-2014, 11:18 PM.

Comment

You have got to be kidding.

Like most of us, I had high hopes for Allen his rookie season and even stood by him after he started sucking after his 1st injury, but come on. Allen is a complete liability in coverage and is one of the worst open field tackling safeties in the NFL. I know this from watching games, which you obviously must not be doing. The only thing Nate Allen is good at is looking clueless pre-snap and assisting on tackles after his man has already caught the ball.
                    Last edited by ishimonster; 01-29-2014, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X