• Show
Clear All

• Sickening.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cdc-st...ned-2D12001349
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Shitty situation
    Last edited by 3rd & Inches; 01-27-2014, 04:10 PM. Reason: i love to edit
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

One reason that I've chosen to avoid cruise ships.

Comment

oh man

My mother in law is leaving on Saturday for 8 day cruise...

Comment

know who would LOVE a cruise? KELLY GREEN! 8 day buffet
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Been There -- Didn't Do That

My wife and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon but with the exception of two days at sea, we were off the ship every other day seeing and doing things at our ports of call.

Not saying I wouldn't like to try a cruise at sea with all the stuff that goes on, but this latest problem has us gun shy. Our cruise was on Royal Caribbean and we always thought the line was above problems like this that other lines (read that, Carnival) had.
            "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Don't do that - just figure the odds. A cruise is just great.
              I've taken a cruise every year since 1992, and never seen a problem.
              How many cruises vs. how many sick every year?
              just like people living in fear, and yet they still drive around in their cars and "GASP" even
              take their children in the cars with them.
              Do you know how many children are killed in cars every year?

Comment

Yep we've done a bunch with no problems, too

People don't realize how many ships are out there at any one time. When something goes wrong it always makes news
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Just being on a ship at sea is great.

Comment

One of the best (and few) real vacations I have ever had, but it would really suck to be sick on vacation!

Comment

I get travellers sickness pretty easily

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                      One of the best (and few) real vacations I have ever had, but it would really suck to be sick on vacation!
                      Got sick on our honeymoon in St Lucia, at a conference in Spain, a conference in Miami beach, and a work trip to Japan. Survived India surprisingly enough.
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I've been on two. One was a 7 night western Caribbean tour, which was fun. But the kids got horribly sick on the last full day, and it almost screwed up our trip home. The other cruise was a short "cruise to nowhere," and it made me realize that it just wasn't for me. Like I said, the norovirus thing is just one reason I would avoid cruises in the future.

If you love it, great. It's just not my bag. Put my feet on dry land (or at a pool bar), give me a good all inclusive place, and I'm happy as a pig in shit.

That said, I'm not just an all inclusive vacationer. I would definitely do a trip to anywhere that I can explore on my own and meet the local folks. I'd have to do it without the wife, as she isn't very mobile.

Comment

Going on a cruise in august

To Key West and Cozumel. Hoping for the best, but seeing all of this shit is a bit unnerving.
                          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Your best protection is to be religious about hand washing. Other than that, just relax and enjoy. Cozumel is fun port of call. Haggle with a cabbie and head to a nice beach. Spend some time at Fat Tuesday before reboarding.

Comment

Hey, at least you tried it. Different strokes for different folks, for sure.
                              My favorite vacations, beyond skiing, is just to go camping.

Comment

Working...
                              X