Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Gun Nut Shenanigans: Man Kills Two Innocent Neighbors On Their Own Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
    As semi-auto. Using that definition then assault rifles are even less of an issue
    Correct, we have used effective gun control to make it so fully automatic weapons are extremely unlikely to be used in crimes or mass shootings in the United States. Whether we can or should do that for the so called "assault weapons" is an open debate.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
      Correct, we have used effective gun control to make it so fully automatic weapons are extremely unlikely to be used in crimes or mass shootings in the United States. Whether we can or should do that for the so called "assault weapons" is an open debate.
      My problem with that is, why ban those rifles when they're not really any more dangerous than any other semi-auto gun?
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
        My problem with that is, why ban those rifles when they're not really any more dangerous than any other semi-auto gun?
        A ban based on cosmetic rather than functional characteristics is definitely silly.

Comment

Yes murder is always an insane crime of passion or loss of control.

Guns are the only way to "reach out and touch some one" the original post was about two men looking at the property they were going to build on, if that person didn't own a gun they would still be alive today.

I guess I will just never understand the gun lust in this country, it is NOT the Wild West any longer, nor is it 1776 when Militia were prevalent, all I am asking/saying/screaming for is some reform to make it harder for crazy mofo's to get weapons

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
            5 times more people are killed with knives than with rifles - of all sorts (semi-auto or bolt action). hence the red herring status

10 times more people fall victim to my bare hands every year. My fists are registered in all the known territories. I'm a Fist Nut.
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

The shooter was a nut!

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...43983363_n.jpg
              "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
                Yes murder is always an insane crime of passion or loss of control.

Guns are the only way to "reach out and touch some one" the original post was about two men looking at the property they were going to build on, if that person didn't own a gun they would still be alive today.

I guess I will just never understand the gun lust in this country, it is NOT the Wild West any longer, nor is it 1776 when Militia were prevalent, all I am asking/saying/screaming for is some reform to make it harder for crazy mofo's to get weapons

Big, I do understand what you are saying, but if you would, let's look at the retired COP that shot an unarmed man (unless you consider a bag of popcorn lethal), in a movie theater with his wife.

Here is a guy that supposedly spent his life's work in law enforcement, to "protect and serve" as it were.

By any stretch, of any sane persons imagination, with as rigid of a background and personal checks as you could come up with, do you really see any scenario that this guy doesn't get a gun permit?

He would probably be the golden boy of "allowed to carry" he is not some hotheaded kid, he has a clean record, he has served his community, he has years upon years of training and being tested on firearms.

But yet sadly, he WAS YOUR KILLER!

All I am saying is, I have no idea how you could ever could up with some foolproof way of weeding these people out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                  [/B]

Big, I do understand what you are saying, but if you would, let's look at the retired COP that shot an unarmed man (unless you consider a bag of popcorn lethal), in a movie theater with his wife.

Here is a guy that supposedly spent his life's work in law enforcement, to "protect and serve" as it were.

By any stretch, of any sane persons imagination, with as rigid of a background and personal checks as you could come up with, do you really see any scenario that this guy doesn't get a gun permit?

He would probably be the golden boy of "allowed to carry" he is not some hotheaded kid, he has a clean record, he has served his community, he has years upon years of training and being tested on firearms.

But yet sadly, he WAS YOUR KILLER!

All I am saying is, I have no idea how you could ever could up with some foolproof way of weeding these people out.
                  So because this particular person would've slipped through the cracks, any effort is useless? It doesn't have to be "foolproof." If it works in some instances, then that's a good thing, right?
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I would always slow down to look at the wreck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mississippi-Fan View Post
                      now i got it

Comment

Hitler was speaking of the need to disarm non-Aryans in the parts of Russia that had been occupied by German forces in the midst of a war, not of stripping all Germans of their guns. (And it's unlikely that Hitler would have expressed such a concept in this context, as the 1938 German Weapons Act passed during Hitler's rule actually loosened gun ownership rules for non-Jewish Germans.)

Comment

Das ist nicht wahr.

Originally posted by T.D-Bag View Post
                          Hitler was speaking of the need to disarm non-Aryans in the parts of Russia that had been occupied by German forces in the midst of a war, not of stripping all Germans of their guns. (And it's unlikely that Hitler would have expressed such a concept in this context, as the 1938 German Weapons Act passed during Hitler's rule actually loosened gun ownership rules for non-Jewish Germans.)
                          Wie wird das Datum dieser Meldung ist 1935, und es gilt nur für die deutsche Republik.

Comment

Working...
                          X