Instead of a chicken choke, Angelo Cataldi pulls a cheesesteak choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instead of a chicken choke, Angelo Cataldi pulls a cheesesteak choke

requiring Spike Eskin to perform the heimlich maneuver on him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ldis_life.html
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I had a piece of lobster stuck in my throat on vacation in the Caribbean years ago and happened to be sitting next to an oral surgeon who was about 6'2'' and 225 lbs, who saved my ass by doing the same thing Eskin did.

The guy actually picked me off the ground while doing it.

Worked though ... the piece of meat flew across the room like a cork from a pop gun.

I had some discomfort in my left side the next day while snorkeling and it continued until I got home.

Went to my doctor ... he took an x-ray and found out that the guy had slightly cracked one of my ribs.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It definitely works

I've used it twice successfully over the last 10 years.
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        I had a piece of lobster stuck in my throat on vacation in the Caribbean years ago and happened to be sitting next to an oral surgeon who was about 6'2'' and 225 lbs, who saved my ass by doing the same thing Eskin did.

The guy actually picked me off the ground while doing it.

Worked though ... the piece of meat flew across the room like a cork from a pop gun.

I had some discomfort in my left side the next day while snorkeling and it continued until I got home.

Went to my doctor ... he took an x-ray and found out that the guy had slightly cracked one of my ribs.

Cracked ribs is the side effect. I did CPR on a 80 year old lady, broke all her ribs doing compressions, but she lived. Recovery had to have sucked.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
          Cracked ribs is the side effect. I did CPR on a 80 year old lady, broke all her ribs doing compressions, but she lived. Recovery had to have sucked.
          Tho one of the people I saved I later shot and killed because I'm a gun nut so I chalk that one up as a wash
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
            Tho one of the people I saved I later shot and killed because I'm a gun nut so I chalk that one up as a wash

Do you run the trails with a M-16 strapped to your back? Rambo-ardo.
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
            X