Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible Trade then....terrible trade now

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...r_Seattle.html

Didn't read the article, but wasn't he traded b/c he was b*tching about Juan's lack of a clue?
    The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

This is where Arlo would come in to say that Clemons wasn't that good with the Eagles and hindsight is always 20/20... blah, blah blah, blah ad nauseam.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

no, he was here with JJ and McDermott was the 1 who didn't use him/didn't think he fit.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          This is where Arlo would come in to say that Clemons wasn't that good with the Eagles and hindsight is always 20/20... blah, blah blah, blah ad nauseam.

Ref now fills that Arlo role so perfect.
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Remember the Freak J. Kearse? I can picture him running down a tailback, trip over his own feet and grab his ankle. He then would stand up, take two steps, and fall back on the ground. Every play that he was involved went like that.
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Different schemes.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

what happened more in the nfl:

kearse limped to the sidelines for a few plays off or bruce smith guessed the snap count wrong and was offsides by 5 yards?
                Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-29-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

This article only confirms that the Eagles are cursed

If the Eagles had drafted Earl Thomas, I suspect that the guy would've sucked monkey balls here. I could possibly seeing Nate Allen being a instrumental factor on a Super Bowl winning team in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                    Different schemes.
                    this.

Comment

He's basically playing the role in Seattle's D that Trent Cole is supposed to play in the Eagles' D.

The Seahawks run a base 4-3, but the 4th DE is a DE/LB hybrid who primarily blitzes the QB, but also drops in coverage.

Cole, after he picked up the nuances of the position late in the season, ended the year with 8 sacks. Cole's lost a step and they need someone to replace him with at that DE/LB position, too bad Chris Clemons still isn't here.

But hey, at least Daryl Tapp got 10 TOTAL tackles this year…for the R*dskins.

Comment

I thought Clemons's departure was a Joe Banner decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                          He's basically playing the role in Seattle's D that Trent Cole is supposed to play in the Eagles' D.

The Seahawks run a base 4-3, but the 4th DE is a DE/LB hybrid who primarily blitzes the QB, but also drops in coverage.

Cole, after he picked up the nuances of the position late in the season, ended the year with 8 sacks. Cole's lost a step and they need someone to replace him with at that DE/LB position, too bad Chris Clemons still isn't here.

But hey, at least Daryl Tapp got 10 TOTAL tackles this year…for the R*dskins.
                          I agree with all of your points. But Clemons had 4.5 sacks this year. He's bot the guy to replace Cole.

Comment

At this point, most likely not. He's not that young either.

I do think some of his reduced numbers have to do with their signing of Cliff Avril. He and Avril split time at that hybrid position.

Comment

And Michael Bennett. They have a rotation. Bennett is a FA this year by the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X