Makes me sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes me sick

3. A couple weeks ago, we gave you a new hipster draft complaint. Brandon Graham over Earl Thomas is too mainstream. At the time, we suggested Daniel Te’o-Nesheim over NaVorro Bowman. But here’s a new one: Clay Harbor over Kam Chancellor. Or Mike Kafka over Chancellor. Or Keenan Clayton over Chancellor.

OK, let’s just get to the entire list of players the Eagles took ahead of Chancellor in 2010: Graham, Nate Allen, Te’o-Nesheim, Trevard Lindley, Clayton, Kafka and Harbor. A total of seven guys taken over the two-time Pro Bowl safety who had a strong case for Super Bowl MVP last night.

Chancellor had nine tackles, two pass break-ups and an interception. Linebacker Malcolm Smith ended up winning the MVP, but Chancellor set the tone early with his crushing hits and his first-quarter pick. The Seahawks’ coaching staff has done a brilliant job of playing to his strengths. At 6-3 with 33-inch arms, Chancellor is truly a big person who beats up little people on a weekly basis.
    http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20.../#more-2110991

Disgusting...
    Last edited by Melchior; 02-03-2014, 10:17 AM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

No disrespect

But I hate this kind of shit. Kam Chancellor wasn't some no-brainer, you gotta get this guy, type of pick. He wasn't drafted until the 5th round, so it wasn't only the Eagles who passed on him over, and over, so did every other team except Seattle.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
      that 2010 draft set this organization back....disgusting.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

It's not so much about Chancellor as it is about the fact that ALL of those guys were bums.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Fair enough, can't argue that point

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
          It's not so much about Chancellor as it is about the fact that ALL of those guys were bums.
          I'm more pissed about passing up Earl Thomas to get Brandon fucking Graham. The Eagles should have called me, I would have told them that rarely can you trust a fucking Michigan Wolverine to do shit in the NFL.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
            I'm more pissed about passing up Earl Thomas to get Brandon fucking Graham. The Eagles should have called me, I would have told them that rarely can you trust a fucking Michigan Wolverine to do shit in the NFL.
            unless they play o-line...they seem to put out at least solid o-line guys.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Or are Tom Brady and Charles Woodson.

Comment

Exactly

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                Or are Tom Brady and Charles Woodson.
                Those two are the exception, not the rule. I will agree with nerd that they put out decent o-line prospects, our own Jon Runyan being one of them.
                Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 02-03-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

You can argue Seattle passed him over

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                  But I hate this kind of shit. Kam Chancellor wasn't some no-brainer, you gotta get this guy, type of pick. He wasn't drafted until the 5th round, so it wasn't only the Eagles who passed on him over, and over, so did every other team except Seattle.
                  a few times in the draft as well.
                  You think its a joke!?!

Comment

I'm just waiting for Seattle to trade us a 6th rounder for Graham. He'd probably turn around and put up a 23 sack season for them. Fuck our luck.

Comment

You could do this with most rosters in the NFL. The draft is always a crap shoot

Comment

Still,

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                        You could do this with most rosters in the NFL. The draft is always a crap shoot
                        You could always be sure that FF made it a crapshoot.

Comment

Working...
                        X