X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty wants Maclin

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...rested-maclin/

Looks like Morningwood is a fan.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News writes that the Jets “covet” Maclin and view him as a No. 1 receiver when healthy. New York, which had the 31st-ranked passing offense in 2013, is apparently interested in Pittsburgh’s Emmanuel Sanders as well.

Former Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhingweg is the Jets’ OC and certainly knows what Maclin is capable of. Put need position + former coach together, and the interest makes perfect sense. (Hence why Kansas City will likely come calling before it’s all said and done.)
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

aka Maclin's agent is trying to get his client's value up and leaking that a team views him so highly, especially a team with a need for a WR, might get a few extra $$$'s

Comment

Might squeeze a little more $$$

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      aka Maclin's agent is trying to get his client's value up and leaking that a team views him so highly, especially a team with a need for a WR, might get a few extra $$$'s
      But That would be a dumb shit move for him. When healthy he can thrive in Chips offense. Don't know why he would be interested in Morningwood and Geno.

Comment

There might be a market for Maclin. I'm hoping they get a deal done before FA starts.

Comment

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller were touching on this matter last night on Sirius.

The way they framed it is would you rather have Boldin, Cooper, or Maclin. The seemed like the consensus was Maclin.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller were touching on this matter last night on Sirius.

The way they framed it is would you rather have Boldin, Cooper, or Maclin. The seemed like the consensus was Maclin.
            Which is probably true... with the caveat that it depends on how Maclin is recovering from his injury. Eagles are a better situation for Maclin than the Jets so he might take less money from the Eagles.

On the other hand if like many players he lives in NJ during the season it wouldn't take much adjusting for him to go to the Jets training facility instead of the Eagles.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

It could be very similar to the Steve Smith (Giants) situation a couple seasons ago. Hopefully for Maclin's sake, he's in better health than Smith was.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I forgot about the least heralded dream teamer...

Comment

Working...
                X