Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Detective

Fuck yeah
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Good shit. Im all in on this show. Dream Team!
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Love it.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The tension from the moment Rust got to the biker gang through the end of the episode was unreal.

They shot the hell out of that scene. The acting just keeps getting better by everyone involved too.

Comment

Ratchet that tenson up a notch or two...great episode.
          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Awesome

yep keeps getting better
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I just watched the first episode last night

It seemed kind of slow.

Comment

I recorded it to watch tonight. Episode 4, correct?

Walking dead and shameless took precedence.

Comment

Re-watch all the episodes ... I highly recommend it ... despite knowing what's going to happen, it's in one sense better the second time because you pay more attention to details you missed before.

And the great lines are just as good the second time around.

Last night I nearly spit out my beer laughing when Rust said to Marty: "With dick swagger like yours, I thought you could spot crazy pussy"
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I heard the director talking about the slow pace

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                    It seemed kind of slow.
                    He said he wanted to portray the slow pace of police work in a realistic manner. He said the pace will pick up, and it certainly did last night. Fantastic show. Superb acting and directing. You can tell the work of a good film maker, even on TV.

Comment

The way they shot the last scene made it feel like you were in the action not just watching it.

Reminded me of the long single shot in Children of Men.

Also, Hart's phone convo with his side piece was great...

"What did you just call me you?!? You fuckin wet noodle, whiskey dick, faggot fuck!!!"

"I will skull fuck you, you bitch!!!"
                      Last edited by Sect 236; 02-10-2014, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Re-watch all the episodes ... I highly recommend it ... despite knowing what's going to happen, it's in one sense better the second time because you pay more attention to details you missed before.

And the great lines are just as good the second time around.

Last night I nearly spit out my beer laughing when Rust said to Marty: "With dick swagger like yours, I thought you could spot crazy pussy"
                        I like watching it the second time around on-demand, they have a segment after every episode where we hear from the writers and they focus on certain scenes.

This whole thing started slow but you could just tell they are building up to something great. I think Sunday's ending was just a tease of how great/crazy things are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by McNabbTime05 View Post
                          I like watching it the second time around on-demand, they have a segment after every episode where we hear from the writers and they focus on certain scenes.

This whole thing started slow but you could just tell they are building up to something great. I think Sunday's ending was just a tease of how great/crazy things are going to get.
                          Going back and watching it again, I saw that LeDoux's rap sheet lists him as 6'7''. I'd say that would fit the criteria of "the tall man" that Dora Lange was seen with. It's just little things like that that I pick up with each viewing.

Comment

Working...
                          X