Joe Banner sure taught Brian Dawkins a lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Banner sure taught Brian Dawkins a lesson

let's not forget all that money he saved the eagles by letting Dawkins leave. Turned out we were fine there.

I will hate that rat bastard forever for that and that alone. Still infuriates me to this day.

dont get me started

Hoagiegate, Templegate, waterfountaingate, PELgate, Cap Bowl, on-field hotline, etc etc. etc.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

The on-field banner hotline was awesome. Presumably to get up to date Salary Cap implications and smear-criteria to integrate into play calling.

Comment

he's been demoted to Isaiah Thomas / Knicks status for the next 2 months. kicked down to the boiler room with his red pen and stapler.

Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-12-2014, 11:01 AM.

Comment

BWAHAHA

Great pic.
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Mrs Athens looks great in the snow

you outkicked your coverage bigtime, dude! Proud of ya.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Appreciate the comment. That was a particularly popular facenutz pic. We celebrate the rare snow days here in our own way.

Comment

Banner's window for success closed when the league eliminated his ability to extend players early in their careers. After that, he was just a cheap bastard that players hated, and FO members avoided at lunch.

-Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

How much does it suck that Cleveland figured ratman out

faster than Lurie could?

If someone with a clue was in there after TO's performance in the Super Bowl, they would have thrown the guy a bone and we would have had another record setting season for passer/receiver on the Eagles and quite possibly at least two more trips to try and win a Lombardi. Instead we ended up getting Kevin Curtis, who, I remember, had people on this board proclaiming to be the next great thing. What a fucking joke.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

banner did get a 1st round pick for trent richardson though. have to give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                      Hoagiegate, .
                      You do realize that post 9/11 the recommendation around the entire country from security experts was to not allow opaque bags be brought into arenas and stadiums, don't you? .... nah, you probably don't. It was all about Banner being out to screw you over.

But no worries. Fat ass fans without the discipline to spend 3 hours not stuffing their face with garbage can now celebrate.

Comment

You ass. That 9/11 security policy sure didn't prevent him from NOT banning hoagies during the 2002 season at the Vet.
                        Last edited by AthensEagle; 02-12-2014, 01:34 PM. Reason: I'm an ass too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                          You do realize that post 9/11 the recommendation around the entire country from security experts was to not allow opaque bags be brought into arenas and stadiums, don't you? .... nah, you probably don't. It was all about Banner being out to screw you over.

But no worries. Fat ass fans without the discipline to spend 3 hours not stuffing their face with garbage can now celebrate.
                          Dude, how do you go through life being so insanely pompous? God forbid someone want to enjoy themselves and eat something while at a game.

Take it down a notch, Captain Contrario.
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

According to the MMQB

When the Browns brought Ken Whisenhunt in for an interview for the second time in two years, Whisenhunt asked why they didn't hire him the first time. Ratface responded that he didn't think that the coaching staff that Whisenhunt wanted to assemble was "a championship coaching staff". Of course that pissed Whisenhunt off, and he asked Ratface "who are you to tell me what a championship coaching staff is ?" Whisenhunt then proceeded to tell the Browns to piss off. Stay strong, Joe.
                            Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 02-12-2014, 01:36 PM.
                            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Doesn't matter.

He would have used the pick on a Canadian offensive guard anyway.

First question asked at the Senior Bowl by JoeLo:

"Are you now or have you ever been a Canadian Firefighter?"
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                              X