Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Hahahah

Doesn't have your beloved BUM in it?
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Excelent song well written and played

not many bands from 68 still playing today...Rush is one of them,,,took my Kids to see the Time Machine tour,,,they played Moving pictures front to back,,one of the best shows I have ever seen,,,I have seen over 550 concerts..
        Last edited by TRENT; 02-15-2014, 02:17 PM.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
          not many bands from 68 still playing today...Rush is one of them,,,took my Kids to see the Time Machine tour,,,they played Moving pictures front to back,,one of the best shows I have ever seen,,,I have seen over 550 concerts..
          Over 550 concerts? I wonder how many I have seen. I never kept count.

Also, what do you count as a concert? If I see a flamenco performer in a bar does that count? Not mocking you... just curious what criteria you are using.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

,,I have seen over 550 concerts..
            Awesome ! How may do you actually remember ? :D

I've got ticket stubs going back into the mid 70's and I'm going to make a bar/ table top out of them... one of these days.

Comment

I made it to about 260 dead shows

55 Jerry Garcia band, then about another hundred, allman Bros, Santana, Yes, Pink floyd Eric Clapton, Moody Blues,,then the rest are Miscelaneous,,many bands 4 and 5 times,,and I played out for about a 15 year period, so I saw alot of garage bands and crap,,when I was younger saw many concerts like 15 acts over the weekend or more..I know alot of the Old timers did the same. 10 bucks for 10 acts,,,stuff like that...

I still have my stub from the Garden State Arts cent Clapton for 6 bucks...U just cant go see that many shows anymore unless you're rich as hell and dedicate your life to it..I go to about 3 concerts a year now,,compared to 40+
              Last edited by TRENT; 02-15-2014, 02:30 PM.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

55 Jerry Garcia band, then about another hundred, allman Bros, Santana, Yes, Pink floyd Eric Clapton, Moody Blues,,then the rest are Miscelaneous,,many bands 4 and 5 times,,and I played out for about a 15 year period, so I saw alot of garage bands and crap,,when I was younger saw many concerts like 15 acts over the weekend or more..I know alot of the Old timers did the same. 10 bucks for 10 acts,,,stuff like that...

I still have my stub from the Garden State Arts cent Clapton for 6 bucks...U just cant go see that many shows anymore unless you're rich as hell and dedicate your life to it..I go to about 3 concerts a year now,,compared to 40+
                Wow. I went to about 20-25 Dead shows from 1980 to 1991 or so. Didn't see them during their final years.

I did see Rush one time at the arena at the Meadowlands. That was around 1994 so twenty years ago. Thing I remember about that show was they had these enormous flame throwers at the front corners of the stage. When they set them off you could feel the heat from them.
                --------

Comment

Many are a blurr...

I have fond memories of Crack down in NYC in the 80's...CSN The Allman Bros, Santana,,and RUN DMC!

show rocked ,,same for the Atlantic Record Birthday Concert at the Garden,,,like 40 acts,,,including Led Zep,,will always remember that show,,Yes, Foreigner, ELP,Wilson Pickett and Paul Butterfield,Genesis, Ugggh! Iron Butterfly, the platters spinners,,4 tops, man,,that show was long, can't name umm all. I also got into the Dylan tribute concert and saw Clapton with George Harrison before he passed,,a lot of good players Neil young, Johnny Cash and his wife,,and many more..I seen Clapton 24 times,,,remember most of them,,its the dead shows that just Blurr..
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Yeah I would leave town for like 8 months at a click

I had a job you know so I could tour.."cough cough":D I saw the Deads last New years show,,that ticket is one of My prize posessions.

My 1st show was Englishtown.. I was 12, I started touring in 83,,Im burned out on it now,,still take the wifee to see um 2 times a year usally. Phil or Furthur..went to see that final show at the spectrum when they had Warren Haynes a few years back,,,think you were there.....
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

I saw Rush when they first started touring in the 70s

Never forget they opened for Robin Trower at the spectrum - nobody knew them and they practically got booed off the stage - everyone only wanted to hear Trower.
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

was most Likely 78

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                        Never forget they opened for Robin Trower at the spectrum - nobody knew them and they practically got booed off the stage - everyone only wanted to hear Trower.
                        they played a mean LaVilla Stangiato that tour..I saw Trower at City Gardens of all places..
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

they played a mean LaVilla Stangiato that tour..I saw Trower at City Gardens of all places..
                          City Gardens ruled. Saw many a great band there around 85-86. Replacements, The Violent Femmes, etc.

Hung out at the bar with the Replacements. Had to be because they were the opening act. Trying to remember what the second act was because they were so great.
                          --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                            City Gardens ruled. Saw many a great band there around 85-86. Replacements, The Violent Femmes, etc.
                            I saw The Butthole Surfers there in the early 90s...Gibby Haynes was definitely on a headful of acid. Frightening, memorable. One of the strangest performances I've caught.

Caught some other great shows there in that era...Dinosaur Jr, Body Count and a very early Ween show. Great venue
                            Cows in the barnyard, chickens in the farmer's corvette.

Comment

Originally posted by Mush Valley View Post
                              I saw The Butthole Surfers there in the early 90s...Gibby Haynes was definitely on a headful of acid. Frightening, memorable. One of the strangest performances I've caught.

Caught some other great shows there in that era...Dinosaur Jr, Body Count and a very early Ween show. Great venue
                              Also saw Nine Inch Nails there. But that wasn't the best place I ever saw them. Best place was at a firetrap in the East Village in 1989.
                              --------

Comment

Working...
                              X