Justin Gilbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Gilbert

I'd love taking this guy. KR and 6' CB that ran a 4.37/35.5" vertical. I'm not sure if he'd fall to 22, but might be worth trading up for.

Last edited by Melchior; 02-25-2014, 03:40 PM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Yeah, it kinda seems like the poor play at Safety the past few seasons is causing a level of hysteria where the fan base wants to believe the next Brian Dawkins is just waiting for the Eagles in the draft. However, if Clinton-Dix or Pryor are not the next Brian Dawkins, and the Eagles pick them anyways, it's a mistake reflective of the Jaiqwan Jarrett selection a few years back.

Traditionally, Corners are more athletic and better football players than Safeties and there is nothing suggesting that tradition won't hold true in 2014. I would be skeptical if the Eagles selected a safety over Gilbert or Dennard, for that matter.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I think realistically, they're going to draft a safety in round 3 or lower and probably sign a guy like Malcolm Jenkins. There's just too much talent at WR/LB/CB at the top of the draft for them to force a safety there. That's just my guess, though. They could be really high on Clinton-Dix or Pryor and they could slide to them.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Constant pressure on the QB makes mediocre safeties better. A lack of pressure on the QB makes good safeties mediocre. Since the Eagles got minimal pressure on opposing QBs last season this team's greatest need is a disruptive force at OLB. If they identify the guy who can fit that description they should lay low and then do whatever it takes to get that guy on day one of the draft.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. The dearth of talent at safety has been exposed in the NFL recently and Eagle fans know this better than most. Doesn't matter if you have shut down corners and stud pass rushers when your safeties can't cover or tackle, they will be exposed and exploited.

Comment

Daniel Jeremiah on NFLN

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
            Yeah, it kinda seems like the poor play at Safety the past few seasons is causing a level of hysteria where the fan base wants to believe the next Brian Dawkins is just waiting for the Eagles in the draft. However, if Clinton-Dix or Pryor are not the next Brian Dawkins, and the Eagles pick them anyways, it's a mistake reflective of the Jaiqwan Jarrett selection a few years back.

Traditionally, Corners are more athletic and better football players than Safeties and there is nothing suggesting that tradition won't hold true in 2014. I would be skeptical if the Eagles selected a safety over Gilbert or Dennard, for that matter.
            was talking about how after the first couple of safeties there is a significant drop-off, but that there is huge value and quantity in rounds 4 and 5. Would be very interested in a top-flight CB.

Comment

Working...
            X