Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The media doesn't have the gonads to say Michael Sam isn't worth drafting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The media doesn't have the gonads to say Michael Sam isn't worth drafting.

He can't play LB. His size is a concern, especially in a 3-4. His 25 inch vertical is 2 inches lower than 3I's mom's vert. His 40 time was mediocre.

The only thing that is keeping him in the draft conversation is his SEC Co-player Defensive of the year award. Admittedly, that's pretty hard to ignore.

Regarding the Eagles, I see absolutely no reason to draft him. There are too many intriguing players to draft. It's not such a bad thing to get undrafted. Clyde Simmons was a 9th or 11th rounder? There's just not that many rounds today. I will say this, if the Eagles draft him, then it would be a PR move at the expense of a football opportunity, IMO. I'll be pissed. Like Diggle mentioned, I could see Lurie contemplating this move.

I would love to know if Sam had a chance to workout at a camp like IMG in Bradenton. In his defense, maybe he don't have that chance.

(I did spit out a little coffee out when I saw his form in the 40.)

Shut up
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I agree and am sick of hearing about him. It would be different if he was projected to go in the first 3 rounds.. He's not and probably shouldn't be drafted from what I've seen, heard and read. Good luck to him, and maybe he'll prove me wrong, but let's hear about a few other players NOT named Clowney, Johnny or Sam.
      Last edited by Ground_Meat; 02-26-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        He can't play LB. His size is a concern, especially in a 3-4. His 25 inch vertical is 2 inches lower than 3I's mom's vert. His 40 time was mediocre.

The only thing that is keeping him in the draft conversation is his SEC Co-player Defensive of the year award. Admittedly, that's pretty hard to ignore.

Regarding the Eagles, I see absolutely no reason to draft him. There are too many intriguing players to draft. It's not such a bad thing to get undrafted. Clyde Simmons was a 9th or 11th rounder? There's just not that many rounds today. I will say this, if the Eagles draft him, then it would be a PR move at the expense of a football opportunity, IMO. I'll be pissed. Like Diggle mentioned, I could see Lurie contemplating this move.

I would love to know if Sam had a chance to workout at a camp like IMG in Bradenton. In his defense, maybe he don't have that chance.

(I did spit out a little coffee out when I saw his form in the 40.)
        Maybe the reason he came out is because he knows he sucks (no pun intended) and hopes that a team looking for some PC publicity would take a flyer on him.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
          Maybe the reason he came out is because he knows he sucks (no pun intended) and hopes that a team looking for some PC publicity would take a flyer on him.
          Maybe the reason Tebow so overtly promoted his Christianity is because he knew he sucked and hoped that a team looking for some publicity would take a flyer on him.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
            Maybe the reason Tebow so overtly promoted his Christianity is because he knew he sucked and hoped that a team looking for some publicity would take a flyer on him.
            Without question.

Comment

That's because he is worth drafting. Measurable's at the underwear olympics are one thing. Game tape is more important. He is what we've been told he is. 5th round or lower draft pick. He'll be a special teams guy and situational back-up. That's what he was always destined to be.

But there are definitely guys in the NFL (some on the Eagles) who aren't as good as him.
              Last edited by The Ref; 02-26-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Agreed 100% STFU DQ

He was the defensive player of the year in the SEC, what do you know?

Comment

He knows that many college stars flame out when they try to make the immense leap to the NFL, even SEC "studs"

He also knows that teams are downgrading him now so they can be on record of not choosing him for football reasons, thus deflating the inevitable media finger-pointing that will follow Sam wherever he goes or doesn't go

You can pretty much write the post-draft accusatory articles right now

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
                    Agreed 100% STFU DQ

He was the defensive player of the year in the SEC, what do you know?
                    We'll see how good he is. He doesn't fit the SEC defensive player of the year mold in terms of draft expectations.

The last SEC defensive player of the year not taken in the first round was DeMeco Ryans, taken #33 overall in 2005. Among the first rounders, Jarvis Jones and Patrick Willis are they only two taken outside of the top 10 at 17 and 11 respectively.

In 2003, the SEC defensive player of the year, Chad Lavalais, was taken in round 5. He didn't last long in the NFL.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Guys on the Eagles D. line? Who specifically? It's already pretty much established that he can't make the leap to LB so who would he replace on the D line?

Comment

He sucks ????

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                        Jesus Christ, have you watched the film on the guy, or are you just going to ignore that because he's gay ? He didn't accomplish all of that in the MEAC. Please explain to us how 11.5 sacks and Co-Defensive player of the year equals out to "he sucks".
                        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

He may not suck, but I believe 9 of those sacks came against 3 terrible o lines. He will be a situational pass rusher, not really big enough for the line and doesn't move well enough to play LB

Comment

Ken Dorsey
                            Gino Toretta
                            Andre Ware

They all won the heisman and were they great? In the NFL it all equates to scheme,skill and overall want. Everything else is a crap shoot.

Kurt Coleman was a 1st team all American

PS Tim Tebow fyiw had arguably one of the greatest college careers at Florida. To put him in the same scrutiny with Michal Sam is ludicrous.

Comment

Cole and Graham are hybrid LB/ DE players and that is the expectation of the position. They were able to make the transition with mixed results. It's a consensus that Sam is a hands on the ground player, period. That's too much of a luxury. Seattle could afford that luxury. Frisco too. Both are 4-3's as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X