• Show
Clear All

• Champ Bailey?

Would this be to convert him to safety?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...0-664a22209aea

Originally posted by Anthony View Post

It would have to be and would be an ok stopgap move but definitely not a long term solution, IMO. Yo soy el capitán obvio.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

that would mean no byrd

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      It would have to be and would be an ok stopgap move but definitely not a long term solution, IMO. Yo soy el capitán obvio.
      I don't think Bailey could play strong safety.

Comment

No thanks. Yuck.

Comment

Yeah, no way.

I don't have a good feeling about Bird either. Turned down all that money from Buffalo, doesn't have the best attitude. You'd be giving "elite" money to a guy who isn't elite. And FA still scares me after the dream team nightmare. If we're going to upgrade safety through FA I might feel better about Mike Mitchell.

Edit: Of course Mitchell isn't better than Bird. I just don't like the idea of breaking the bank for a safety in FA.
          Last edited by art vandelay; 03-09-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

This is from Bleacher Report

'nuff said?

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              Yeah, no way.

I don't have a good feeling about Bird either. Turned down all that money from Buffalo, doesn't have the best attitude. You'd be giving "elite" money to a guy who isn't elite. And FA still scares me after the dream team nightmare. If we're going to upgrade safety through FA I might feel better about Mike Mitchell.
              Estoy de acuerdo. No tengo buena vibraciones desde Byrd también.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

No, it would be...

...to give you something to vent about in Game 1 when he misses coverage on a TE over the middle. "How could they have signed this guy, he is so clearly washed up!"
                DB

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  Yeah, no way.

Edit: Of course Mitchell isn't better than Bird. I just don't like the idea of breaking the bank for a safety in FA.
                  Mike Pettine was his old coach, and the Browns have apparently not called Byrd's agent yet. Chip Kelly was at Oregon when Byrd was there, and so if he doesn't have a good sense of the guy's character, a few quick phone calls would get him the inside scoop.

If neither the Browns or Eagles are serious players for him, I'd say that speaks volumes. We'll see...

Comment

I wouldn't expect much in free agency. I'm not sold on overspending on Byrd either (leave that nonsense for RAJ).

You build defenses through the draft. That being said, they better draft all defensive players this year.
                    Last edited by Snakebitten; 03-09-2014, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                      ...to give you something to vent about in Game 1 when he misses coverage on a TE over the middle. "How could they have signed this guy, he is so clearly washed up!"
                      Bwhahaaaa! Exactly.

Comment

OB's head would explode.

Comment

too old

Comment

Working...
                          X