• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright Alright Alright

HBO is the best.
    --
    Your Retarded

I almost felt guilty for being happy...thats as much as I can say without spoiling?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      I almost felt guilty for being happy...thats as much as I can say without spoiling?
      It was going to be impossible for this show not to let me down tonight...they did the impossible. Perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        It was going to be impossible for this show not to let me down tonight...they did the impossible. Perfection.
        I agree. I was worried that it'd be anti-climatic. Totally excellent. This better be an ongoing series.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
          I agree. I was worried that it'd be anti-climatic. Totally excellent. This better be an ongoing series.
          Pizzolatto said in a recent Rolling Stone that he's already got three characters pretty well hashed out for season 2 that he loves and aren't the same as Cohle or Hart.

It's gonna be hard to top what McConaughy and Harrelson did this year, but if they hire another superb cast and don't try to recreate season 1, they can give us more greatness.

Funny side note from the same article, when Pizzolatto was shopping the show, major TV networks wanted to buy it and turn it into a Law and Order clone. He said names like (paraphrasing but just as bad) "True Attorney" and "True Judge" were things thrown his way. Needless to say, he said fuck that noise

Comment

Just started watching on HBO GO

HBO is the best.
            and the damn thing goes down half way through Ep. 1

Comment

I have trouble with hbogo pretty regularly.

Comment

Googled it

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                I have trouble with hbogo pretty regularly.
                and apparently they couldn't handle the TD traffic tonight.

Comment

Pizzolatto said in a recent Rolling Stone that he's already got three characters pretty well hashed out for season 2 that he loves and aren't the same as Cohle or Hart.

It's gonna be hard to top what McConaughy and Harrelson did this year, but if they hire another superb cast and don't try to recreate season 1, they can give us more greatness.

Funny side note from the same article, when Pizzolatto was shopping the show, major TV networks wanted to buy it and turn it into a Law and Order clone. He said names like (paraphrasing but just as bad) "True Attorney" and "True Judge" were things thrown his way. Needless to say, he said fuck that noise
                  It did a such a good job of combining the interpersonal relationships, the setting and the actual detective aspect. That's what sets it apart from "detective" shows.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    and apparently they couldn't handle the TD traffic tonight.
                    Was episode 8 available tonight? I thought you can't watch it on HBOGO until Mondays.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

I think a bunch were catching up

Was episode 8 available tonight? I thought you can't watch it on HBOGO until Mondays.
                      like me

http://fansided.com/2014/03/09/true-...-crash/#!y8OEH

Comment

Great season ender

It did a such a good job of combining the interpersonal relationships, the setting and the actual detective aspect. That's what sets it apart from "detective" shows.
                        Is it a given that Woody and McConnaguey aren't back next season? They certainly left the door open
                        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                          Is it a given that Woody and McConnaguey aren't back next season? They certainly left the door open
                          Unfortunately, yes. From the get go, they announced every season was a one-off with new actors, new characters, new stories and new settings.

Comment

Unfortunately, yes. From the get go, they announced every season was a one-off with new actors, new characters, new stories and new settings.
                            I don't know how their characters could have carried over - I guess they could have new roles.

The success of this though will hopefully draw in quality actors.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

I wouldn't want their characters to. McConaughy has just been so damn good in everything of late, it'd be great to see him with this writing some more.

Comment

Working...
                              X