Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We just extended Sproles 2 years

thoughts?
    "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
    thoughts?
    He seems like the kind of guy who really stays in shape. I think this will fuel the DJax rumors as well...

Comment

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
      thoughts?
      Broken by ESPN and not on Philly.com yet.

Cue reporters (Les Bowen) making veiled remarks about how they have no access to Kelly and what's going on.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

If Sproles is a guy who stays in shape I can't wait to see him after Chip's training camp regime.

And regarding Jackson, I said this in another post too, but if they are thinking of trading him at ALL, it is going to be a draft day deal, and it is going to have us moving up SIGNIFICANTLY to get one of the stud WRs
        Last edited by ReidsArmy; 03-14-2014, 01:40 PM.
        "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Comment

Maybe its just me

..but it appears our local press boyz don't seem to be in the loop as they were with the previous regime.

Anybody else thinking this way??
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

This sort of reminds me of the 76-77 76ers that had Doc, McGuinness, Caldwell Jones (except he wasn't really a scoring threat), Collins--there is only one ball to go around.

Shady, Sproles, DJax, Maclin, Ertz, Casey, Celek, Cooper.....only one ball to go around, and it won't be long until someone expresses unhappiness at not getting it enough.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
              This sort of reminds me of the 76-77 76ers that had Doc, McGuinness, Caldwell Jones (except he wasn't really a scoring threat), Collins--there is only one ball to go around.

Shady, Sproles, DJax, Maclin, Ertz, Casey, Celek, Cooper.....only one ball to go around, and it won't be long until someone expresses unhappiness at not getting it enough.
              You make a valid point. Maybe this is why the DJax rumors have begun.

Comment

Well, this should put an end to any notion that Sproles is unhappy at being traded to Philadelphia.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Agreed. Maybe this DJax chatter is just their butts hurting.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Ha! Another Two Gap rumor goes down in flames

I knew it was bull
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post

Up tempo. Chip wants to run plays like he did against the Redskins in the season opener.
                      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Hopefully he can be Kelly's Brian Mitchell, but I'm not holding my breath. Why would the Saints trade him if they believed he has something left? They aren't a dumb organization.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                          Hopefully he can be Kelly's Brian Mitchell, but I'm not holding my breath. Why would the Saints trade him if they believed he has something left? They aren't a dumb organization.
                          Saints had 3 other pretty good running backs in Thomas, Ingram and Robinson. They might have needed the cap space to sign Jarius Byrd and viewed a 4th RB such as Sproles as luxury they couldn't afford.

Comment

No, but they're not the richest organization in terms of cap, and they need to pay Graham.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Change in philosophy

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                              Why would the Saints trade him if they believed he has something left?
                              They could have re-structured if they really wanted to keep him, but they are going in a different direction at RB. The Saints offense is often countered by defenses putting more DBs on the field and adding speed- what the Saints want to do is to be able to pound an RB when they face the nickle and dime defenses . In the past, when Brees saw 2 deep safeties he could dump it off to Sproles. Now they wanna force teams out of the cover-2 shell by running it up their ass, controlling the clock and making the play-action viable again. Few defenses respected the Saints run game and that made them too 1-dimensional

As Brees enters the next chapter in his career, a stronger running game and a commitment to it are part of their offensive plan going forward. Makes life easier on Brees. Cash played a role, but a change in philosophy was likely a bigger factor imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X