X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly and McLane

Hah. Just saw this on twitter:

Jeff McLane ‏(@Jeff_McLane)

Chip Kelly had fun with my question about DeSean Jackson and his importance to the #Eagles offense: "He's a priority at receiver, before ...

Jeff McLane ‏(@Jeff_McLane)

"... Maclin, behind Cooper. Or is it Cooper before Maclin, or Maclin before Cooper? So I'll check what you write and tell you how we feel."
    Love this guy.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
    Hah. Just saw this on twitter:

Love this guy.
    Bottom line is Kelly pretty much squashed the Jackson rumors. "Whatever you guys write is what we'll do" is the essence of the sarcasm.

Comment

how so?

I guess that's one way to read it. But sarcasm certainly doesn't mean he's going the other way. I think it just means he's leqaving all of his options open.

Im certainly not in favor of trading or dumping #10. He's one of the few game-changers we have. But I'm not seeing how this comment by Chip squashed anything.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

The sarcasm was in reference to Maclin and Cooper, not Jackson.

He basically said Jackson is the "priority" ahead of those two.

Now, I agree that it wasn't a definitive statement ... but even if he said Jackson isn't going anywhere, it wouldn't mean he is closing all options.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I just don't see how you move Jackson unless you draft a WR and he's a stud in 2014. There's no way he goes anywhere before this season ends.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I don't see nor want Jackson going anywhere ... I was just commenting on the uselessness of reading anything into what a coach or front office guy says about moving a player ... they can change their minds like anyone else.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

So IG U get hammered on St Paddys day?

just curious
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
              X