Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best S or OLB available in Rd 1 and then trade back into 1st for Benjamin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best S or OLB available in Rd 1 and then trade back into 1st for Benjamin?

Anyone have an idea how that draft trade value chart works?

I'm thinking it would be a good plan to go for the best defensive player available at #22. There should be someone useful still on the board. Benjamin should still be available as well. So, what would it take to move back up in to the mid 20s-early 30s range to grab him towards the end of the 1st rd?

Would our #2, #3 and say next year's #2 get it done?

If they can wind up with one of Clinton-Dix, Pryor, Ford, or Barr at #22 and then Benjamin through a trade, that'd be a good haul for day one of the draft.

I don't follow mock drafts and projections much...

Is Benjamin really expected to be around that late? I assumed he's a top 20 guy

Comment

Does not appear to be this front office's MO

With so much talent available in the middle rounds, I can't imagine them dealing away picks.

Comment

I think they're all in on drafting BPA and not drafting for need. S and OLB might be their biggest needs, but Howie's already made comments about how drafting for need f'd them in the past. They're going to take whoever is there and highest on their board.

Comment

Like some others have said, I say BPA on defense. Nix is starting to drop down out of the top 15, not sure of knee but that would be a great cog in the middle of the line if Pryor is gone.
          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

If Louis Nix falls to them at 22 I think he should be the pick. If they are determined to take an OLB/DE in the fist round it would most likely be the 3rd or 4th ranked player at that position. If Louis Nix is gone I really like Calvin Pryor or Clinton-Dix. Maybe a CB , I guess it depends on who is there.

Most scouting reports i've read have Clinton-Dix #1 and Pryor #2. Its a tough call but I prefer Pryor because he's more physical.

Comment

I think the Eagles might be looking a different direction bringing Deone Buccannon in for a look after they liked what they got to see at his pro day. - Seems this teams scouting has their heads on their shoulders. They could pick that kid up in the 3-4 rd round. Id like to hear what Sect 236 thinks about this kid from the reports that are out there on him.
              Last edited by iowaigglefan; 03-17-2014, 12:53 AM.

Comment

BPA--EXCEPT at positions which are rock solid

...would make sense to me. That means every position on defense and the majority of positions on offense are wide open. It would be crazy to take a RB. QB, TE or OT in the first--unless an absolute stud falls to them--but just about anything else would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                  ...would make sense to me. That means every position on defense and the majority of positions on offense are wide open. It would be crazy to take a RB. QB, TE or OT in the first--unless an absolute stud falls to them--but just about anything else would be fine.
                  BPA is a great but its proven teams try to fill needs via the draft.

I would be happy with Best defensive players available unless of course the decide to trade Desean for a 2nd rounder for instance then you go get the replacement in the first round. There will be one available when they draft or maybe they move up to get Evans or Lee. Or sit and wait on a Benjamin, Beckman or Cooks at 22

If not I would be happy to see them improve at DT maybe a Nix or Hageman - or a CB Fuller should be around at 22 , at Safety maybe Ha Ha falls to them of they go Fuller then come back with a kid like Deon Bucannon in the second round and lots of directions they can go to upgrade this defense taking the best available.

Comment

why even bother posting?
                    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                      why even bother posting?
                      Diggle you offer so much to this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X