X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP David Brenner

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Comedian-D...250478811.html

My favorite back in the day

Thanks for the laughs, Dave. You were a class act and one of the best comedians of your generation.

Comment

awee man...very sad

bring me back to the days of laugh in,,,that guy was hilarious
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Philadelphia's Good Will Ambassador

All the man had to do was open his mouth and say something and anybody from this neck of the woods who didn't know ahead of time, knew instantly where he called home.

David Brenner made people laugh simply by "tawking" about the city he loved and the peoiple who either lived there or visited it for work, play or entertainment on a regular basis.

Rest in Peace, good sir, and thanks for countless laughs.
        "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Good comic...

He had a good shtick back in the day. I always enjoyed him, Richard Lewis and Leno's routine before they sat down with Carson.

David was talking about that his Philadelphia neighborhood where everyone had a nick name. One guy had a bad back where he would sort of lean forward. He said "we called him ten after six"...

RIP funny man...
          Hopes that were high in the heat of September ... can wilt and die in the chill of November. November can be cold and grey, November can be surly with bitter rain upon the world and winter coming early.
          - "The Voice" of NFL films -John Facenda

Comment

RIP but..

I always thought he was turrible
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

So Much For Good Taste

The man was one of Philadelphia's treasured icons every bit as much as hoagies, cheese steaks, great big soft pretzels and going down the shore.

Comment

Brenner was Seinfeld before Seinfeld was Seinfeld.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

And mummers and happy the clown?

there ya go

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
                    Thanks for the laughs, Dave. You were a class act and one of the best comedians of your generation.
                    One of my top three Carson guests. Rickles, Dean Martin, Brenner.

RIP, David.

Comment

What's sad is that most people out here under 40 never heard of him. They weren't even 20 when Brenner was on Carson. I don't recall hearing about him performing since the 90's. He dropped out of the national spotlight for comedians it seems. His act didn't translate to a younger generation. I think it's hard for any comedian to cross generations. Very few do it successfully.

Comment

That Settles It -- I Was Too Kind

Only a lilly livered Commie could knock the Mummers and Happy The Clown!

Comment

Please, Don't Insult David Brenner's Memory

He was funny, which is more than I can say for Mr. Nothing.

Comment

This is bash philly icons week

Was watching (and laughing thru) Rocky III yesterday while painting the living room. Gotta believe a list of the worst movie fight scenes of all time would have all the Rocky movies right at the very top.

Comment

Working...
                            X