X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds 24/7 adds to the DJax narrative

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...eagles-silent/

Key Points:

-Jackson (through those connected to him) is upset that Kelly hasn't publicly or privately refuted the rumors.

-An agent that Birds 24/7 deems credible said the rumors are true and "no way" Jackson is back in Philly this season.

I post this primarily because Birds 24/7 has been a breath of fresh air for Eagles information, without the self-righteous and butt-hurt conjecture of the Philly.com crew.

I give the story a "Wow" on a scale of "complete bullshit" to "They nailed it!" scale...

Interesting

I'm not a huge fan of trading him if you think the eagles make the playoffs and therefore have a shot at a lombardi. Most think this and djax is a big part of making it happen.

However, the vikings landed a 1st, 3rd and 7th for an oft injured Percy Harvin, so there's your price

Comment

Rumors

Some rumors are media fabrications, especially at this time of year, and others have legs. I'm in favor of management taking the stance they will not respond to rumors. Once you begin responding to rumors, where does it end in the wheel-and-deal NFL? You are forced to either show your hand or lie.

Further, as I mentioned in a previous post, management should listen to any and all trade offers. To be clear, I said "listen." There are few players who are unmovable.

Comment

Only 6 picks in this draft

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
        Some rumors are media fabrications, especially at this time of year, and others have legs. I'm in favor of management taking the stance they will not respond to rumors. Once you begin responding to rumors, where does it end in the wheel-and-deal NFL? You are forced to either show your hand or lie.

Further, as I mentioned in a previous post, management should listen to any and all trade offers. To be clear, I said "listen." There are few players who are unmovable.
        ...its been hinted they would like more, perhaps they feel DJ is their best poker chip for getting more??? It's plausible and I could see them doing it.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          I'm not a huge fan of trading him if you think the eagles make the playoffs and therefore have a shot at a lombardi. Most think this and djax is a big part of making it happen.

However, the vikings landed a 1st, 3rd and 7th for an oft injured Percy Harvin, so there's your price

I just hope that 1st rounder will = either Watkins or Evans (even if they have to combine it with their own first rounder). Without one of them, I despise this trade in every way.

Comment

watkins is probably going top 5 so that isn't going to happen.

Mike Evans is good....so is Marquise Lee, Brandin Cooks, Benjamin, Davante Adams, Odell Beckham, Allen Robinson...it goes on and on.

I like Desean, but if they could get two first round picks and use them both for defense and then take a wideout in the second round? Yeah, they wouldn't be as flat-out amazing on offense without that dynamic factor in Deseans...but they wouldn't be trash either...and if those two 1st round picks turned out to be players...that's something i would do in a second.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
              watkins is probably going top 5 so that isn't going to happen.

Mike Evans is good....so is Marquise Lee, Brandin Cooks, Benjamin, Davante Adams, Odell Beckham, Allen Robinson...it goes on and on.

I like Desean, but if they could get two first round picks and use them both for defense and then take a wideout in the second round? Yeah, they wouldn't be as flat-out amazing on offense without that dynamic factor in Deseans...but they wouldn't be trash either...and if those two 1st round picks turned out to be players...that's something i would do in a second.

I honestly don't see them getting two firsts for DJ, not this year, with this draft class, anyone that desperate for a stud WR will just draft one. Personally, I think DJ is here next year.

I think Chip just likes fucking with the press, and with him saying nothing, that is exactly what is happening.

Comment

Why are we naming all these "stud" WRs that are there for the choosing while at the same time expecting other teams to give us a high pick for an older, diva vet?

Are the Eagles the only team that is allowed to pick these studs? Jackson's value to this team is higher than what any team is going to offer.

I just don't see anyway trading DeSean would benefit the Eagles. A mid rounder for your only proven (non-injured or non-one year wonder) WR? I just don't see the benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  Why are we naming all these "stud" WRs that are there for the choosing while at the same time expecting other teams to give us a high pick for an older, diva vet?

Are the Eagles the only team that is allowed to pick these studs? Jackson's value to this team is higher than what any team is going to offer.

I just don't see anyway trading DeSean would benefit the Eagles. A mid rounder for your only proven (non-injured or non-one year wonder) WR? I just don't see the benefit.
                  well, if you look at a team like carolina...who could then have rookie #1 and then marvin mcnutt as their #2 receiver...or desean and a receiver...that would probably be more appeasing and could possibly be willing to talk about their first round pick.

it would benifit them if they could get more picks for defense.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I'll give you Carolina, but outside of them, of the 30 other NFL teams, do you see any that would give up a high pick for DJacc as opposed to drafting someone?

If Cooper and Maclin have good years, and they do draft someone early this year, then by all means, move on from #10 after this year, but until then, I can't see too many offers coming in that are going to be worth moving him.

Comment

I'll give you Carolina, but outside of them, of the 30 other NFL teams, do you see any that would give up a high pick for DJacc as opposed to drafting someone?

If Cooper and Maclin have good years, and they do draft someone early this year, then by all means, move on from #10 after this year, but until then, I can't see too many offers coming in that are going to be worth moving him.
                      Gee the guru gives you Carolina. Hey 236 i could name over a half doze teams that could use DJackson -- thinking he is the missing piece to take them to super bowl. AT the same time they prob would think they could harness his whine.

Comment

i would have said the jets because they do dumb things...but who knows after they got burned by santonio.

titans possibly....but carolina probably makes the most sense of any team. new england maybe. Lafell is okay but Jackson is better. Maybe KC? Bowe is okay but Jackson would be a good fit for them...but they've lost some players so probably not.

actually, it would look like carolina or new england to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                          i would have said the jets because they do dumb things...but who knows after they got burned by santonio.

titans possibly....but carolina probably makes the most sense of any team. new england maybe. Lafell is okay but Jackson is better. Maybe KC? Bowe is okay but Jackson would be a good fit for them...but they've lost some players so probably not.

actually, it would look like carolina or new england to be honest.
                          Agree on New England and Carolina but there are other teams that could use DWhine

How about Seattle they need WR help bad Tate is gone - have decent cap

How about Jets and Marty they have good cap space and Jackson and Decker might make that attractive to them

I would agree on KC but they are cap strapped. a problem New England has to some extent

Hey a first rounder for DWhine at this point is a no brainer maybe they get a bidding war going and get cherry on the top like a 2nd or 3rd rounder or a future first day pick.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                            I just hope that 1st rounder will = either Watkins or Evans (even if they have to combine it with their own first rounder). Without one of them, I despise this trade in every way.
                            If it isn't one of these two...no trade. And I am not even sure if I like Evans enough to do it right now. No need to get cute here, the offense is in good shape.

Comment

To take him, and be willing to give up what he is worth to this team (his speed opens everything up for everyone) it needs to be a team who is close, and not worried about the future.

Carolina is close. Pats, yeah, and Belicheat is known for taking in head cases. Titans aren't close so I can't see them doing it. I could also see New England wanting their high picks to draft a TE because their O revolves around TE production.

As always, iowaidiotfan posts dumb shit that has no real football basis. Seattle? Typical fan who only knows what bum announcers tell him to know. Seattle LET Tate walk because they love what they have in Baldwin and Kearse. But that's ok, I wouldn't expect someone like you to know that Seattle's WRs are good, since you only know what ESPN says. I also wouldn't expect you to know Seattle wants a TE as their next offensive piece, because, again...you=clueless.

Comment

Working...
                              X