FYI: I Love What They've Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: I Love What They've Done

Michael Jenkins is the guy I wanted from the get. Fuck a Dream Team. These are smart football moves. Sign your own, don't over spend, add depth with hungry character players. Fuck a wideout in the draft too. All Defense! We'll see what happens with Byrd in NO, but I think Jenkins is gonna do very well here. Just Sayin'

Tell me what you have seen that tells you Jenkins is going to be any good? His stats are average at best, he looks average or worse on film, Saints fans thinks he stunk, and the play-by-play announcer for the Saints said he basically stunk. Jenkins and Allen give us AGAIN the worst safety combo in the NFL. Terrible signing when after all the draft picks will be signed that we will still have around $10 million left over.

Comment

Foles

Originally posted by Regal View Post
      Tell me what you have seen that tells you Jenkins is going to be any good? His stats are average at best, he looks average or worse on film, Saints fans thinks he stunk, and the play-by-play announcer for the Saints said he basically stunk. Jenkins and Allen give us AGAIN the worst safety combo in the NFL. Terrible signing when after all the draft picks will be signed that we will still have around $10 million left over.
      I think halfway through the season, when they are sure Foles wasn't a one year wonder that money is used to extend him.

Comment

IN CHIP WE TRUST REGAL!!!

Comment

By "film," do you mean the highlights you see on TV?
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            By "film," do you mean the highlights you see on TV?
            Mostly on youtube. Jenkins isn't that impressive.

Comment

Mostly on youtube. Jenkins isn't that impressive.
              http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...es-film-review

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...o-context.html

In case you don't recognize him, that would be Larry Fitzgerald that Jenkins is manning up at the goal line. If it were Patrick Chung, you can be fairly certain that Carson Palmer would have checked to Fitzgerald, but on this play, he threw an incomplete fade to the receiver at the bottom of the screen. Why? Because Jenkins is respected as a legitimate cover safety player. Sheil Kapadia of Birds 24/7 has more examples of the difficult things the Saints asked Jenkins to do last season.

That brings us to ProFootballFocus' (PFF) player rankings. PFF is an incredibly valuable service for its raw data. There aren't many places where you can find how many times a linebacker dropped into coverage, or how long a QB held onto the ball on average before he threw. PFF provides that kind of data, which is extremely valuable. However, many of their stats are useless, without context. For example, it has been pointed out that Jenkins gave up 486 passing yards on balls thrown his way in 2013, which was 2nd most among safeties in the NFL.

However, that ignores context. When a player like Jenkins is covering guys like Larry Fitzgerald in the slot, of course he's more likely to fail than a safety playing deep middle in Cover 3. The Saints gave Jenkins difficult responsibilities because they trusted that he could handle them better than anyone else on their team. The side-effect of that, however, is that a site like PFF isn't going to adequately account for the degree of difficulty. They'll simply chalk up a poor number, then stand behind it like it's the end-all be-all measure of that player's worth.

Jenkins received a -6.0 grade (65th out of 86 safeties) from PFF last season. Patrick Chung was right in the same neighborhood, at -7.0 (71st out of 86). However, when you watch the two play, a novice can easily identify that the skill levels of Chung and Jenkins aren't even remotely close. Jenkins will be a significant upgrade in the Eagles' pass defense. Ignore the noise.
              Decent articles by guys who have watched his film.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by AgendaPolice View Post
                I think halfway through the season, when they are sure Foles wasn't a one year wonder that money is used to extend him.
                They can't extend Foles until next year because of the new CBA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

Well Jaworski was on 97.5 and after watching the films, Ron thought he was a poor choice. It can go either way.

Comment

Chip Kelly Is The Coach. Not Ron.

Well Jaworski was on 97.5 and after watching the films, Ron thought he was a poor choice. It can go either way.
                    Ron Jawarski, "Chip Kelly's Offense Won't Work In The NFL."
                    Link: http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...ont-translate/

That's All I Have To Say About That. ; )

Comment

ESPN guys don't really have the time to watch a ton of film on any one player. They have to comment on everything.
                      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Jaws on Foreskins owner, Danny boy.

"You know, the owner’s done a great job. Dan Snyder, as an owner, is terrific."

Bwahahahahaha
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Yada...yada...yada. You clowns will all be bitching how crappy Jenkins is by week 6.

Comment

Better than bitching about how he looks on Youtube now.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

What do the other Arena League Football owners think about Jenkins?
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                              X