Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here is why I get annoyed w guys like DJax and JRoll

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...port-says.html

So Djax is wondering what his status is, and he supposedly wonders why the team hasn't contacted him. J Rollins gets benched and then tells the media it's the manager's responsibility to come to him?

I'm sick of players who need to be babied, these entitled fools think the world should come to them. I laughed when I read that bit in the article about Kelly emphasizing communication, but both Rollins and Jackson fail to realize communication is a two way street.
    Rollins WAS a great player, but I just see him as someone looking to set team records in stats with no real drive to win it all again, he has his ring.

Jackson is still a great player, but I question how good of a team mate he is, and his talent is not great enough to overshadow that. If he is wondering what is up reading RUMORS, then call Kelly and talk to him man to man. Using the media to float his concern is a pussy move...if any of this is true. It could all be BS, but Kelly chose to make a joke about the media rather than endorse him, so maybe as IG said, where there is smoke...
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

In Jackson's defense, there's really nothing said either way that I've seen if he has tried to communicate with the Eagles/Kelly.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

when 'one of his confidants'

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
      In Jackson's defense, there's really nothing said either way that I've seen if he has tried to communicate with the Eagles/Kelly.
      says Jackson is unsure of his standing with the team, and they wonder why no one has called...suggests he is waiting for them. IDK, but I really think he was hoping he could return to his coddled relationship like with Reid after putting up career numbers. Thing is, I don't see Kelly as the coddling kind of coach, he seems like a 'what can you do now?' type.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        I don't see Kelly as the coddling kind of coach, he seems like a 'what can you do now?' type.
        If Kelly wasnt the coddling type of coach Riley Cooper would be long gone. And Jackson has nothing to prove about what he can do now.

This is a stupid story that only exists to create clicks on websites. Jackson is far and away the best receiver on the Eagles. They arent trading him. Kelly isn't a moron.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I dunno if I trust any report that is based on a DJax 'confidant' without much more substantial sourcing. 'Confidant' could be anyone from a close friend, to the guy who does his lawn, to the local bartender.

The article that's linked seems to be mainly sourcing other writer's B.S. conjecture, tying it up with a bow and calling it a story. Seems pretty hack to me.

Until I see something more substantial, I'm of the opinion that Philly sports-writers are frustrated that Kelly's not talking to them and so they're manufacturing a story.

That being said, I do think DJax can be a baby, and I could possibly see a trade going down on draft day. However, the irresponsible shit-stirring journalism that's passing for news is not getting my dander up just yet.

Comment

You think giving someone a second chance is coddling?
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              You think giving someone a second chance is coddling?
              I think sending a guy home to his therapist isn't exactly Lombardi - esque.

Anonymous reports in the press don't mean shit. Kempski is a hack. Unless he holds out, Jackson isn't a problem. He's getting paid what he's worth. Kelly is not getting rid of his best receiver.

But there's a contingent that doesn't like hip hop athletes and the media know they lap this stuff up so they'll keep pushing it.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I love Jackson so I'm biased here but I can see the speculation. He does have a prim madonnas atitude. The fact is that's what the game has become. For every Larry Fitzgerald there are 10 DJs. I'm talking in the attitude sense. DJ doesn't get in trouble with the law so Kelly will deal with it. He has to. There's no one that you can FOR SURE be a DJ type in the draft. We can speculate who'll be good but no one knows for sure. DJ is proven.

Comment

Desean doesn't run great routes, isn't big at all, and lacks physciality. He is clearly an entitled person, a prima donna and a locker room cancer. Once his speed starts slipping in 2-3 years his career is over. Get rid of him now while his value is high.

Comment

Working...
                  X