Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia Air Speculathon

What I learned from watching three days of cable news:

1. The flight either crashed or it didn't.
    2. The flight was impacted by either terrorism or it wasn't.
    3. The flight either ended up in water or on land.
    4. A pilot with a home simulator is either evil or he isn't.
    5. The British guy on CNN is on speed.

DB
    DB

Here's another I read today

6. The Chinese shot it down, and are covering it up to save face. Or not
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

One more

7. KG's stolen aramingo was either on the plane or it wasn't. Nefarious mother fuckers.
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Im pretty sure...

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
        6. The Chinese shot it down, and are covering it up to save face. Or not
        ...its on Gilligan's Island.
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Impossible, Georgie

It's a well documented fact, one that can be attested to by countless TV viewers over the years, that Gilligan's Island was relatively close the west coast of the United States.

This is known because the millionaire and his wife, the movie star, the professor and Mary Ann, left on a "three hour tour" with the skipper and Gilligan. Accordingly, even if the island was at the maximum rangle covered by the tour before The Minnow turned back towards port, that would place it no more than 90 minutes from the coast -- total travel time three hours, 90 minutes out, 90 minutes back.

Even with a full load of fuel, the jet would not have been able to make Gilligan's Island -- and if somehow it did, where would it land?

Sorry, Georgie -- hate to break it to you but you're wrong on this one.
          "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Oops, Inspector Clouseu

You whiffed on your conclusions

The lyrics of the song clearly state they left on a 3 hour tour from a tropical port

There isn't any place on the West Coast of the US that would be considered a tropic port so you don't even have the starting spot of their trip correctly identified. ( xenophobe ! )

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
            A tale of a fateful trip
            That started from this tropic port
            Aboard this tiny ship.

Comment

Wrongo

A) The tour began on the United States' west coast.

B) Hawaii is off the west coast.

C) Hawaii is definitely a tropic port and a state.

You could also check on line where I found the following:

"The two-man crew of the charter boat S. S. Minnow and five passengers on a "three-hour tour" from Honolulu run into a tropical storm and are shipwrecked on an uncharted island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. The island was close enough to Hawaii to clearly pick up Hawaiian AM radio transmissions on a portable receiver."

Therefore, my contention IS accurate.

All those Green Bay sub-freezing temperatures must have frozen your gray cells.

Comment

Fox news says its Obama's fault. Apparently he is a tyrant for shooting it down and a weak, mom jeans wearing wimp for not claiming credit

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                  You could also check on line where I found the following:

"The two-man crew of the charter boat S. S. Minnow and five passengers on a "three-hour tour" from Honolulu run into a tropical storm and are shipwrecked on an uncharted island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. The island was close enough to Hawaii to clearly pick up Hawaiian AM radio transmissions on a portable receiver."
                  Are all your contentions based on Wikipedia? Has this been confirmed anywhere else?

Comment

Inspector Clouseau at it again

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                    It's a well documented fact that Gilligan's Island was relatively close the west coast of the United States.

Accordingly, even if the island was at the maximum range covered by the tour before The Minnow turned back towards port, that would place it no more than 90 minutes from the coast -- total travel time three hours, 90 minutes out, 90 minutes back.
                    El Wrongo again Green- you suggest they are less than 90 minutes from the coast- Hawaii is 5 hours from the coast in a jet that flies 500 mph
                    Hawaii is not now nor has it ever been a part of the West Coast ( xenophobe)

On top of that there are many many volcanic islands within spitting distance of Honolulu, easily reached by a 3 hour tour that went astray

http://www.coris.noaa.gov/about/eco_...chipelago.html

The Hawaiian Islands form an archipelago that extends over a vast area of the North Pacific Ocean. The archipelago is made up of 132 islands, atolls, reefs, shallow banks, shoals, and seamounts stretching 1,523 miles (2,451 km) from the island of Hawai’i in the southeast to Kure Atoll in the northwest.

You know so very little about what's outside your cocoon, relying on imaginary TV stories for your geography lessons.
                    For example did you know that Philadelphia is closer to San Diego than Honolulu is ?

By your logic, Philly is right off the west coast of California too...

Dude - Stick with Colonial Williamsburg and Provincial Philly :D

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                      El Wrongo again Green- you suggest they are less than 90 minutes from the coast- Hawaii is 5 hours from the coast in a jet that flies 500 mph
                      Hawaii is not now nor has it ever been a part of the West Coast ( xenophobe)

On top of that there are many many volcanic islands within spitting distance of Honolulu, easily reached by a 3 hour tour that went astray

http://www.coris.noaa.gov/about/eco_...chipelago.html

The Hawaiian Islands form an archipelago that extends over a vast area of the North Pacific Ocean. The archipelago is made up of 132 islands, atolls, reefs, shallow banks, shoals, and seamounts stretching 1,523 miles (2,451 km) from the island of Hawai’i in the southeast to Kure Atoll in the northwest.

You know so very little about what's outside your cocoon, relying on imaginary TV stories for your geography lessons.
                      For example did you know that Philadelphia is closer to San Diego than Honolulu is ?

By your logic, Philly is right off the west coast of California too...

Dude - Stick with Colonial Williamsburg and Provincial Philly :D
                      Does this mean if the Minnow got pushed far enough out from Hawaii that the missing Malaysian flight could have landed on Gilligan's Island and KG was el wrongo?
                      It IS About Me Asshole
                      -----------------------
                      Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

All I know is

those fucks at United Airlines, when I used points to upgrade to First Class on a flight to Hawaii, considered the flight to be "continental" and fed us ONE FUCKING MEAL on an 11 hour non-stop from NY.

Well they also gave us a snack and all we could drink ... but still.
                        Last edited by slag; 03-18-2014, 11:23 AM.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You're Still Wrong

Use your brain. When they left Hawaii, they were departing the Hawaiian COAST. Gilligan's Island was 90 minutes from THE COAST -- the Hawaiian COAST. Hawaii is the farthest point of the United States as you travel in a WESTERLY direction.

Although you won't admit it, it fits the description in the song. So there.

Comment

Does anyone else find it amusing that on this board, grown (I will assume) well educated men are arguing over where a fictional island, on a fictional TV show, formed around an imaginary trip, took place from?:D

Comment

Yeah I found online that you are a great journalist, wow is the Internet wrong.....just lik El Wrongo!
                              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Working...
                              X