College Financials came out yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Financials came out yesterday

Tailgayters, know my daughter Anastasia was accepted to MIT last December. Well the financials came out and MIT is offering $48,155 a year towards the costs. Her other scholarships will cover any differences.

She applied to the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship and won $30,000 a year along with a few others that will for all intents and purposes equal a free fide to MIT.

She will be attempting a dual major in Bio/Chemical and Bio/Medical Engineering.

Doing her internship at Aberdeen Proving Grounds/Edgewood Chemical Biological Center working with nerve agents and toxins at a cellular levels, trying to devise a way to stop the toxin from entering the cell.

very proud!

I want to be clear

Originally posted by Neumans own View Post

She applied to the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship and earned $30,000 a year along with a few others that will for all intents and purposes equal a free fide to MIT.

very proud!
    ftfy - you should be proud

Edited to add: beautiful area, I use to live nearby. Tell her to look up Hungry Mother's - easily the best restaurant in Kendall
    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-18-2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Man, that's awesome. Congrats.

Comment

My God man....that is mind boggling! congrats to your entire family!

I'm at the point with my kids i'm just hoping they can get fucking GED's and get accepted into the Army with pre-existing rap sheets longer than Lawrence Phillip's.

Comment

It sure pays to aim high. Excellent job for all of you!

Comment

Wow that's awesome!!!

women are seriously under-represented in the science fields, too. She will be able to write her own ticket...that's fantastic!
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Neumans own View Post
              Tailgayters, know my daughter Anastasia was accepted to MIT last December. Well the financials came out and MIT is offering $48,155 a year towards the costs. Her other scholarships will cover any differences.

She applied to the Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship and won $30,000 a year along with a few others that will for all intents and purposes equal a free fide to MIT.

She will be attempting a dual major in Bio/Chemical and Bio/Medical Engineering.

Doing her internship at Aberdeen Proving Grounds/Edgewood Chemical Biological Center working with nerve agents and toxins at a cellular levels, trying to devise a way to stop the toxin from entering the cell.

very proud!
              Thats awesome!
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I'm jealous

Dim Jr. and the Dimmette will end up at Northampton County Community College. If they're lucky.
                DB

Comment

Working...
                X